This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Staircase script with dimming option
Can you enable object logs for pir output, lamp control and status? Then provide object log CSV where the issue is visible. It's hard to replicate this without exact commands and timings between them.
(12.01.2023, 14:34)admin Wrote: Can you enable object logs for pir output, lamp control and status? Then provide object log CSV where the issue is visible. It's hard to replicate this without exact commands and timings between them.

Dear Admin,

Thank you for the reaction!

This is what I did in chronological order (see the attached CSV log):
On Jan 12, 2023:
I first set the timeout to 60 seconds and the high setting to 88% and I deleted the old logs.
Then I set the brightness manually (via the visualization) to 30%.
The script went wrong immediately. I manually reset to 30% at 7:31:30 PM.
The script went wrong again. I reset to 30% at 8:16:45 PM, after which the script failed again.

On Jan 13, 2023 another script started the lamp at 30% around 4pm.
With movement around 4:30 PM, the lamp went to 88%, but before the timeout was over, there was movement again. The lamp then remained at 88%.

Around 6:50 PM I set timeout to 4 seconds and a restart was performed. Several PIR movements detected and lamp did not hang at 88%. But 4 seconds is far to short.

Around 7:05 PM I set the timeout to 15 seconds and a restart was performed. Already after the first single movement, the lamp remains at 88%.

In between, of course, much more movement has been detected from my family.

In the attachment you will find the csv.

I have re-read our entire correspondence. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the status. I have the return object of the dimmer there (brightness value feedback). Am I doing that wrong?

This is what I have in the table:
      input = '9/0/1', -- binary PIR status
      enable = '3/0/7', -- enable timer on/off
      output = '1/1/7', -- dimmer control (0..100%)
      status = '3/2/7', -- dimmer status (0..100%)
      onvaluehigh = 88, -- high output value in %
      onvaluelow = 10, -- low output value in %
      timeout = 15, -- in seconds

If you need more information, I am very happy to send everything you need to solve this.

Thank you,
Dirk

Attached Files
.zip   Logs-2023.01.13-19.47.zip (Size: 1.66 KB / Downloads: 2)
The dimmer status arrives after several seconds when changing the value. As mentioned before: For this to work the dimmer must have a status output active and should report the status as soon as possible (some dimmers have an option to report status when only after a transition).

For testing purposes you can also increase the ignore time for the dimmer by changing delta from 1 to 10 seconds. But this may lead to the script missing status updates that should be taken into account so see if you can change the dimmer settings.
Code:
if delta >= 0 and delta <= 10 then
Thanks, thanks, thanks. It finally works! This is so super cool. I now have it running on several lamps and it works. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it continues to work properly, but I also wanted to send a comment back about to you.

I did still look at what I could have done differently. The only thing I could think of is adjusting the dimming speed, but then I won't be able to turn lamp up/down with the Tastsensors either.
I'm using a standard Gira dimmer (217400). I can't find any settings in the ETS software that determine the time at which a status is returned. I did have the status output on active all the time (only update after changing the status).

So if you have any tips on how to improve this so that the time can go back to 1 second, I'd love to hear them.