This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus logging
Hi,

I am reading the active energy delivered from an ION7650 via Modus TCP. I can see the value correctly decoded in the object view, but when I look at the object log view, the Decoded Data, Data Type and Object Data are all showing '--' (The data type in the Object view is 4 byte floating point.)

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Dave
Can you share a screenshot of the value in object tab and in the Object log tab? Also edit the object and send screen too.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Screenshots added. I'm on Teamviewer if you want to drive?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is read telegram. Set the pool interval to 0. Modbus reading is set in modbus tab under device settings.
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,
Sorry, I don't understand. Please can you explain?
Regards
Dave

Go to objects, edit object 5/1/11 and 5/0/10 and set pool interval to 0
Ctrl+F5
Done. Now its not logging at all.

Check Error log in the Modbus tab.
No errors. But despite the Modbus "Value send delta" being set to 0, it only seems to log when the raw (pre-scaled) value changes by 1. So I get logs at 173,000 then 174,000 etc
Even if delta is set to 0 new value is sent only when it differs from the previously sent value. It's possible that the value resolution for this register is 1.
Brilliant. Thanks.