This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Zwave - Fibaro Motion Sensor
I encounter a number of problems with my Z-wave components, but before all, I noticed quite an increase in CPU load after starting the daemon.

As can be seen on the attached screenshot, the normal load on my LM4 is around 0,3, but when I start the daemon, the CPU load rises to more than 1,3.
Is this to be considered as normal?

Thanks.

Edit: Right after posting this message, I stopped the daemon. The load went back to normal, but the daemon stated again "automatically", I did not start i up manually. I tried to stop it a second time and it did, but after a few seconds it restarted...
The good news is that the load does not increase anymore. Mystery...

In another message I will post some other things I encountered which I can't figure out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

baggins, how many devices are connected? Are you writing all Zwave sensor update data into KNX bus as well?
Is Zwave USB stick blinking?
(28.03.2017, 12:34)edgars Wrote: baggins, how many devices are connected? Are you writing all Zwave sensor update data into KNX bus as well?
Is Zwave USB stick blinking?

hi edgars, you replied wile I updated my post above...
As can be seen above, the load is back to normal. I write nothing to the bus. The stick is not blinking.

The whole story so far:
I have an Aeotec Z-Stick S2 and 2 Aeotec ZW074 MultiSensor Gen5.

Initially I connected this to my LM4, but couldn't get it to work. As I have no knowledge on Z-wave devices I decided to do a simple test and hooked everything up to a raspberry running Home Assistant. That worked quite well: I did not have to do anything and both sensors  showed results, values were updated, etc.

Now that I was sure that the components were OK, I reconnected the stick to LM4.

Since the sensors were already paired with the stick, I assumed that this would remain so, but only one was listed. The one that is listed showed correct values for the moment I connected the stick, but the values are not updated. I did not change anything to the settings of the sensor apart from assigning an address and data type.

So, do I have to pair the other sensor (or both) again and do I have to change something to the settings of the sensors to receive updates?

Thanks.
I finally gave up on this and threw everything in the dust bin...

I tried to pair the other sensor again with the stick (in the app), without result.
I then removed the stick from LM4 and tried a manual pairing, no luck. Also, each time I removed the stick and reinserted it, it was assigned another USB address, alternating between USB1 and USB2. So I had to run a script each time to reinstall the correct symbolic link.
Also, the sensor that is recognized is not updating...

It is also very inconvenient that ssh access is not allowed. Each time I want to find something out I have to run a script with some io.readproc('some command') in it...

So, much to my regret I removed the app as I don't want  to waste any more time on this Sad

Cheers.
sorry to hear that.
If that is still actual would be good to sort out where is the issue. 
First please restart the daemon. Then do Exclude and Inlcude of the sensor, if that goes well, please let the sensor work for some time and take the log from LM: http://LM_IP/apps/data/zwaveapp/__log.lp

Or you can provide remote access to LM (port 22). Please PM me.
Hi edgars,

This week I will not have time for this but I will give it another try next week...

After removing the app, I again noticed a high CPU load. I had to reboot the LM4 to sort that out.

I will contact you some time next week.

Thanks.
Hi edgars,

With the Storage Viewer app I noticed more than 50 zwave tables in storage. Apparently these are not cleaned up after removal of the zwave app.

Should I remove all these tables before starting over again?
Thanks.
yes, you can remove them.
I finally have time to do some tests...
I removed all remaining zwave tables from storage.

However when I try to install the zwave app I get a notice "Action failed, please try again later"...
Try now, it should be working again.
Ok, the app is installed now. Thanks.
After some fidgeting, I managed to get my two Aeotoec Multisensors to be recognized.

For both multisensors I assigned a group address to a couple of sensor objects (temperature and relative humidity).

As I wanted to create some graphs, I marked these addresses to be logged. When I noted that the graphs would not be created I found out that the log of these objects would appear only briefly in the Object Logs and then they vanish from the log!

What my be the reason for this?

Update:
Could this be related to the fact that the Obect log was at full capacity? This was already the case for some time, but I -probably erroneously- assumed that the oldest values would be discarded.
I have now cleared the object log and up to now the values seem to remain in the log and show up in the graphs...
Hi,

Which is the most compatible Z-wave USB-Dongle with LM
There is a lot on the market Sad Sad 

Regards
Jean-Marc
(18.11.2017, 16:02)JMM Wrote: Hi,

Which is the most compatible Z-wave USB-Dongle with LM
There is a lot on the market Sad Sad 

Regards

http://openrb.com/z-wave-integration-in-logicmachine/

"ZWave me" is the most compatible if I'm not mistaken.

I'm using the PAU01 usb stick from philio-tech with no problems, though I think this product is rebranded by other Z-Wave distributors.
http://zwavetaiwan.com.tw/en/productdetail?id=90
Hi

Is it possible to make the Z-wave app available in the Spacelynk app store or in any other ways get it installed?
(14.03.2018, 09:54)ewatt Wrote: Hi

Is it possible to make the Z-wave app available in the Spacelynk app store or in any other ways get it installed?

No chance, as far I know SE do not want to support Z-wave.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

Correct Daniel, we will focus on BLE and Zigbee, watch the Wiser products in the future, this year showed on L&B (:

BR,

Erwin
(14.03.2018, 11:11)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Correct Daniel, we will focus on BLE and Zigbee, watch the Wiser products in the future, this year showed on L&B (:

BR,

Erwin

HI,

L&B ??
Jean-Marc
Light + Building - the international fair in Frankfurt next week Smile
https://light-building.messefrankfurt.co...rt/en.html
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(14.03.2018, 11:11)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

BR,

Erwin

OK

I was hoping to connect easy with some devices from SE's Connect series, https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/product-range/2080-connect (Merten)
These have the same look as most of their knx-products and are z-wave