This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Best IO modules to use with LogicMachine?
I'm looking for distributed IO modules for my logicMachine.

Modbus RTU devices/RS485 seems to be the obvious choice, but this has a quite high latency because of the polling nature of Modbus? 
Also, there is a 1-wire module with 2 input/outputs.
I like the devices since you can configure input/output analog/digital as you like.
But latency is a big drawback.

For a lightswitch you need millisecond latency, not seconds.
Would Modbus TCP be better? Easier distribution since the backbone network is already in the house and there can be a lot more connected clients without hardware speed problems?

Is there a direct Ethernet/TCPIP IO device that work together with logicmachine? (Din rail mounted)

Another option would be Arduino with ethernet, this should work just fine together with logicmachine? But prototype design is not preferred inside electrical cabinets.

KNX is OK for high load outputs, but low level outputs and inputs is way to costly and bulky.
Regarding Modbus TCP - it will be the the same as for Modbus RTU (polling is needed in any case). To improve the communication speed you need to use event-based mechanism.
We do have some KNX I/O devices developed mostly as OEM for customers. Will share with you more information.
Also, you are welcome to review LogicMachine Reactor Lite as an option : http://openrb.com/logicmachine-reactor-lite/