This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Logicmachine filtering
Hello!

I have IP as backbone and I have 4 logicmachines in 4 floors. I have 2-3 TP lines behind every Logicmachine.

But I have some trouble with filtering and routing between the logicmachines for global group addresses. Can anyone help me and guide me through how to set up the correct parameters for my setup to be able to write from one "main" logicmachine and the other 3 will listen to this logicmachine. Its about 10 global addresses I want all logicmachines to listen to, and theres also about 10 addresses that are unique to each floor, but will be written from the "main" logicmachine. 

So far I have access to all logicmachines from the IP network and all LM's have "ack all group telegrams" enabled, "IP > Loc Filter" enabled on all LM's for all addresses except on the "main" LM which have "Loc > IP filter" enabled on all addresses which are global. 

Here you can see my settings in KNX connections. Should the filter be enabled here as well? For me it makes no difference to enable it or not. 

You might need to enable "Filter local update telegrams" in Local > Ip filter. Otherwise only telegrams originating from TP are filtered but outgoing telegrams sent by LM itself are not.
Ok, should I also add any group addresses in the filter?
The ones you want to be let trough.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Perhaps it is a firewall issue? What ports should I let IT department know LM uses for multicast? UDP or TCP?
UDP 3671
Ctrl+F5
I would recommend you to disable all filters and see if you have communication. By default LM accepts all. Once you got it working you can add filters as needed.
Ctrl+F5

Like this for both IP > local and Local > IP for alle four LM's?
Yes now filter is disabled and it should be for both. Drop a screenshot from general tab.
Ctrl+F5

Same for all four LM's except KNX address ofcourse. Whats the purpose of "ACK all group telegrams"? It greatly reduced traffic on the LM when activated. Should I deactivate it once I get filtering working properly?
Ack is needed when you have a device which is not sending acknowledge. Usually this are other KNX monitoring devices like LM. Standard KNX device should send ack. In normal installation it is not needed. Without ack telegrams are repeated.
Ctrl+F5
Ok. 

For now it seems the problem is in the firewall. All filtering is disabled and when I send a telegram from one of the LMs it is only snapped up by the LM on the same floor, the other floors does not recieve it. 

But I have full access to all web interfaces on all LM's. Seems to me multicast is not enabled in firewall perhaps?
You might need to increase the Multicast TTL number depending on the network setup.
Thanks for the help. Its solved. Multicast was not properly set up by IT.
I have a new issue I'm struggeling with.

When I have filtering on I cannot use the Logicmachine as interface. Without filtering I can use whatever interface I want. This is not how I want it to be. Can I set up my logicmachines so I dont have to turn off filtering when using it as interface to program in ETS? 

The only adresses I let through in filtering are global group adresses to writes to components under every Logicmachine.
Disable option 'Apply filter to tunneling' it is not really needed
Ctrl+F5
If I disable filtering all 4 Logicmachines will be flooded with telegrams, the bus traffic goes up to 100% on all 4 LM's.
LMs talk to each other via multicast not tunneling.
Ctrl+F5
Yeah I know but when I activated filtering I couldnt use it as interface anymore? Any ideas?
Disable this

Ctrl+F5