This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Can BUS
Hi, I have a question about CAN

Can I integrate CAN Bus devices in a Logic Machine with CANx protocol?

What is the diference betwen CAN FD and CAN FT?

Thanks
We use fault tolerant low speed CAN. It is not compatible with high speed CAN. There are USB adapters for it but we haven't tested them.
Interesting
Hello, I have an installation with three CAN DALI devices,
1 device connected to a 1.5A power supply and two devices share the same 1.5A power supply.

I have realized that sometimes a device is lost from the line, having to restore power to said equipment.

Then in the group monitor I see that it sends a lot of information when nobody is controlling the lights.

What power supply for DALI are you using? And how long is the DALI line?

RX (collision) error can happen if several ballasts have the same short address or the ballast transmitting voltage is not low enough to be detected by the gateway. We've seen some ballasts that do not follow the minimums required by the DALI standard.

If you enable status object for a ballast then the current output value will be polled automatically from time to time.
(02.06.2022, 05:47)admin Wrote: What power supply for DALI are you using? And how long is the DALI line?

RX (collision) error can happen if several ballasts have the same short address or the ballast transmitting voltage is not low enough to be detected by the gateway. We've seen some ballasts that do not follow the minimums required by the DALI standard.

If you enable status object for a ballast then the current output value will be polled automatically from time to time.

This is the font, I have it installed in several projects without problems:
https://www.sunricher.com/dali-power-sup...2400p.html

We have frames per floor, so the dali line distance is short, in addition the ballasts are located in two or three points but relatively close.

Is it possible to identify which ballasts are causing the problem? The assignment of the short addresses was made with all the ballasts connected and the ignitions were perfectly identified.

The status object is enabled in all the ballasts, so the traffic of those objects is normal, I thought that it was only sent when the status changed.
I carried out the test of separating the CAN DALI gateways with an independent power supply for each one with the same result. The same gateway (number 2) ends up disconnecting from the CAN bus

The Can bus wiring leaves two lines directly from LM where you also connect the LINE termination, one bus goes directly to a dali gateway (number 1) with a distance of about 20 meters and the other bus that joins the two remaining gateways (number 2 and 3) will have a distance of at least 35 meters.
For one of the buses, a 2-pair KNX bus cable was used.

About how to identify if the ballasts are not compatible, do we have a way to know through the error?
You can try swapping GW 2 and 3 and see if it's still not working correctly. If it does not then maybe the hardware is faulty and must be replaced.
As for ballasts this can only be checked with an oscilloscope on the DALI line near the gateway. Then standard says that high level is from 9.5V to 22.5V and low level is below 6.5V. Value between 6.5V and 9.5V is undefined.
(02.06.2022, 10:31)admin Wrote: You can try swapping GW 2 and 3 and see if it's still not working correctly. If it does not then maybe the hardware is faulty and must be replaced.
As for ballasts this can only be checked with an oscilloscope on the DALI line near the gateway. Then standard says that high level is from 9.5V to 22.5V and low level is below 6.5V. Value between 6.5V and 9.5V is undefined.

I have exchanged GW 2 and 3. The same equipment has disconnected again. So it could just be a hardware problem?
Yes, most likely it's a hardware problem.
I have been able to solve the ballast errors, when selecting the list of ballast parameters, some gave an error and I eliminated them to search for them again. During the night the connection with gateways 2 and 3 was lost, the first time that both were affected.
I have been able to solve the ballast errors, when selecting the list of ballast parameters, some gave an error and I eliminated them to search for them again. During the night the connection with gateways 2 and 3 was lost, the first time that both were affected.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03.06.2022, 06:09)admin Wrote: Yes, most likely it's a hardware problem.

How is the process and file to update the HW?
I was referring to a physical hardware issue not firmware. But if you are saying that two devices are affected there might be something wrong with the installation. Start by checking the cables. Green LED on the gateway will blink when a new CAN message is received. Pressing the programming button twice will produce a message that can be used to check the communication. First check communication between GW2 and GW3. Then use CANx app monitor to check that messages are coming to LM. Also try a different line termination mode.
(03.06.2022, 10:21)admin Wrote: I was referring to a physical hardware issue not firmware. But if you are saying that two devices are affected there might be something wrong with the installation. Start by checking the cables. Green LED on the gateway will blink when a new CAN message is received. Pressing the programming button twice will produce a message that can be used to check the communication. First check communication between GW2 and GW3. Then use CANx app monitor to check that messages are coming to LM. Also try a different line termination mode.

I have finally done the FW update to the devices before replacing the wiring. After 24 hours without incident, the problem seems to be solved.

I take this opportunity to ask you about the functioning of the ballast states and if it is possible to improve it in the future. When the on/off command is sent, the % status is momentary, but when working with percentage or regulation orders, this status is delayed enough, interfering with the user's operation. For example, when we have a button and we want to increase/decrease the intensity, with one press it would increase and with another it should decrease, but since the state is delayed so much, the order of direction does not change, so the value would continue to increase.
Hello, after some time testing the behavior of the dali gateway. I have seen that the states of the ballasts are momentary when the order is direct, the problem is when configuring them in groups, there the state is quite delayed and it is a problem when wanting to make a regulation with pulses. Is it possible to correct this in the future?
At the moment CANx-DALI does not store the group membership so it does not know which ballasts belong to which groups. As a work-around you can attach a script to the object that controls the group so it writes the same value to the status object.