This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Editing object comments in group addresses
Hi,

I'm trying to make a script that can edit the object comments in several group addresses based on group names.

Eg. I'm looking for several group addresses based on the address name, then edit object comments in all those addresses found.

I'm thinking a for loop that uses string.find and then perhaps grp.update the table 'comment'

Is this possible?
You can use grp.create to overwrite the object comment field.
Code:
grp.create({
  address = '1/1/3',
  comment = 'test'
})

Can you explain the use case for this?
admin, while waiting for a reply can I hijack with a question?

Can the comment field be written into when importing a knxproj file? I've tried filling out comments in ETS, but nothing came over from ETS. The idea on my end is to "auto tag" everything in ETS, so when importing the project I can just run a script that runs through all the objects and auto tags them.
(27.06.2022, 13:56)FatMax Wrote: admin, while waiting for a reply can I hijack with a question?

Can the comment field be written into when importing a knxproj file? I've tried filling out comments in ETS, but nothing came over from ETS. The idea on my end is to "auto tag" everything in ETS, so when importing the project I can just run a script that runs through all the objects and auto tags them.

If done correctly the comments should also be imported when importing a .knxproj file. It may be an option you need to tick to get the comments imported as well, cant remember at the moment.