This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

HTTP PORT
Hi, 

When I told it IT guy in a project to open port 443 into the LM5 IP address, he told me that 443 is used by the firewall itself and he can use a different port on the outside of the firewall, 
So, I get access by entering https:///Static_IP_add:1234 and 1234 will redirect to the LM5 on port 433.

My question is, should I change the HTTP port to on the LM5  configuration or not?
When doing port forwarding you should be able to map any external port to any internal. For example external 8443 to LM 443.
But for security reasons you should either use VPN or ZeroTier instead of port forwarding.
(30.08.2022, 08:25)admin Wrote: When doing port forwarding you should be able to map any external port to any internal. For example external 8443 to LM 443.
But for security reasons you should either use VPN or ZeroTier instead of port forwarding.

Thank you
(30.08.2022, 08:25)admin Wrote: When doing port forwarding you should be able to map any external port to any internal. For example external 8443 to LM 443.

The LM5 will not be available for the whole network, just two static IP addresses could reach it