This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ModBus RS485 not reading from profile but reading from "read test"
Hello, I am currently working with a smart modbus energy meter, and I am trying to connect it to log data, if I try to read data with "Read Test" button it shows exactly as its supposed to, (I took an example of grid frequency, and it shows the right amount) but when i apply the same settings to a modbus profile and upload it i get a return of an enormous number and I can't figure what is going on, any ideas?
I included the profile I am using right now.

Sincerely, 
Robert

Attached Files
.json   inepro2 (1).json (Size: 6.21 KB / Downloads: 14)
Hi,
Try to add "datatype" : "float32" in every item.
Best regards Cristian
What were the settings you used via read test? I'm more than sure that different registers will have different settings.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
This is the setup I was using.
I also included the reading that the profile is giving out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do as Cristian suggested. Your profile is missing correct "datatype" field for each mapping entry.
(26.09.2022, 05:36)admin Wrote: Do as Cristian suggested. Your profile is missing correct "datatype" field for each mapping entry.

That Worked well, 
Thank you.