This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric
(07.11.2022, 09:01)admin Wrote: Do not use read_offset, set the address directly. The real address is in the "Modbus Protocol Start Address Hex" column which is address - 30001 for input registers. Note that there's no space in "inputregister". You might need to use a different read_swap mode to get correct results. Use Read test to confirm the correct settings before making a profile.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I noticed that read_offset doesn't help much.
I think it's auto-correction that gets the text "input registers" split up.
Is correct in the profile "inputregisters".

Regarding read_swap
Have tested all options in Read test and only None (ABCD) / "read_swap": "n" returns a correct number/answer.

I found out it is the first address I can not read.
According to the Modbus register for the electricity meter. is the first address (30001) / address 1. Phase 1 measurement. Address 30003 and 30005 have phase 2 and 3.

If I read at address 1, I get phase 2 measurement and at address 3 I get phase 3 measurement.
This also happens again at many of the other addresses, e.g. should you get the reading for Hz at address 71, but get it at 69.

If I read with another Modbus master unit, I get the correct values/responses to the addresses given in the instructions.

So it must be an LM Modbus setup I have wrong.?
Then it's just something I'm missing in my LM Modbus profile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error on some of the addresses when reading Modbus on the Eastron SDM72DM-V2 electric - by JanJJ - 07.11.2022, 11:12