This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus basics how to begin
Hi,

I'm new to Modbus and watched some youtube video's on the basics about Modbus.
Now I would like to learn and experiment with this protocol on the LogicMachine.
I found a Modbus TCP simulator from Schneider Electric (ModbusSim) and Simply Modbus for use as slave/test device on my computer, I guess this is a good way to learn.

For the LogicMachine part, I've searched extensively on the forum for basic information on how to start with integrating Modbus on the LogicMachine, making use of profiles, etc..
I've found info in another thread about some basics, profiles/buildin-mapper & serial comm library) link (2018)
I've found info about a Modbus TCP script (link) (2020)

But I can't find info on a complete workflow or a complete example on how the profiles are used, where they need to go, how they are addressed, which basic script to use for interaction.
Is there someone who can help me out or a thread which I can read that has all that info and a full example?

Thanks in advance!
Once you have the profile it is very simple. Under modbus tab there is button 'Profiles' you import your profile there. Press Add device and in there you have to set parameters and select your profile. Once done device is added to the list. On the right side there is button where you will have your mapping to objects.
https://www.screencast.com/t/erdnL3ZiXl
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(01.12.2022, 08:57)Daniel Wrote: Once you have the profile it is very simple. Under modbus tab there is button 'Profiles' you import your profile there.  Press Add device and in there you have to set parameters and select your profile. Once done device is added to the list. On the right side there is button where you will have your mapping to objects.
https://www.screencast.com/t/erdnL3ZiXl

Daniel, thank you very much for this information and video tutorial!
I understand the working now, very straightforward and easy to implement.

Thanks!