This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

suggestions for new features
If you need translation to Greek I could help. After such a great support it would be nice to give something back  Wink
thanks gtsamis, will send you a source file to your email address.
Hello,
I would suggest to add this feature, that will help us a lot when navigating through scripts:

It will be a great feature to have the ability to highlight a group address inside a script or within the object list and see scripts, schedulers and visu pages where it is used. This way we can be sure we can be sure we did not forget anything somewhere where it should not be.

What do you think? Would that be possible?

Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter,

You already can highlight items inside script, use ctrl+f and enter a search keyword, all the matching script / words will be highlighted.

You can also use shift+ctrl+f to replace any group address or other script / text to make sure you don't forgot any.

BR,

Erwin van der Zwart
Hello Erwin,
I need to make myself more clear: I would like to know for example in which other scripts is the group address I am searching for present.

For example in Gira's Homeserver if you want to delete a group address that is used anywhere in the program, regardless if it is in visualisation or logic editor, you would have been noted about it, with exact locations, where the GA is used.
Hi Peter,

I understand what you want, this should be possible, but then we need to build a app for it. This app could scan the DB for the usage of the address and make a report where it's used.

I use the controller now give or take 3 years and i don't really missed this feature and i wunder if it's worth the time to invest if it's hardly used..

How many times do you think you will use it?

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

Since the mass edit works on the principle of replacing all values, this makes it not an option to do the following. It would be great if there was a way to rename and delete individual tags from all objects. Ok, it could be done via script, but that is not the most user friendly way. It would be better when this could added in the web interface.

Thanks

Roger