This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Authentication for /user folder not working for every files
Hello,

In Logic Machine > User access > User access settings, I have checked the box "Enable password for User directory". After doing that, authentication is indeed asked to access LP files : /user/something.lp.

But on the contrary, for some text files I write on the SD card ( /user/some_file.txt), I have noticed that even with this option enabled, no password is asked to access the .txt file.

Why is an authentication effectively demanded for some file types but not for some others, when this option is enabled? Would there be a way so that authentication would really be demanded for all files in /user directory, regardless of their type?
Auth only works for .lp files due to performance reasons. As a work-around you can use .lp script to read data and output it instead of using a plain text file.