This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus TCP/IP timeout error
Hi,
I use HomeLynk to communicate with an old central via Modbus TCP/IP and I have to use script, instead of integrate Modbus, because I have to manipulate datas before write or after read.
When I read there's no problem, but when I write, it returns a "Timeout Error".  I tryed to use some Modbus TCP programs for test the communication and I notice that the central answers after few seconds but it answers.
How can I resolve this problem? Is there an istruction to increase the time that HomeLYnk wait until sending a "Timeout Error"?
Put mb:setresponsetimeout(seconds) after mb:setslave(...), adjust timeout value as needed.
Thank you! Big Grin
Is there a way to do the same with the modbus tool?
Do you mean in the profile? There's an optional timeout field which can be set, otherwise the default timeout is 3 seconds for TCP
Yes, how can I set it? In the manual I don't see any command for do this.. Where can I find the full list of possible command for the .json profiles?
You have to edit the profile and add "timeout": 10 after "manufacturer" field. Then you have to create a new device in with new profile for timeout to work. We'll probably make it configurable from the interface in new releases.

Profile reference:
http://openrb.com/docs/modbus.htm
Thanks! Smile