This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Export objects between neighbours (two spaceLynks)
Hello.
I have two spaceLYnk controllers. They operate on the same network, but different lines!
It is necessary to see the status of some groups, so I have done an object Export from #1spaceLynk to #2spaceLYnk.
It is possible to turn objects ON and OFF from both sides, but the statuss in #2spaceLYnk (for which objects are imported) does not change when #1spaceLYnk turn object ON/OFF!
#2spaceLYnk doesn't see that the object is ON or OFF.

Where could be the problem?
P.S. spaceLYnk firmware version 2.8.0
If both devices are on the same network you can use KNX/IP routing (multicast) for object exchange.
(16.12.2022, 13:43)admin Wrote: If both devices are on the same network you can use KNX/IP routing (multicast) for object exchange.

Then I need to switch KNX connection Mode from TP-UART ---> to IP routing?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No, keep the connection mode set to TP-UART. Make sure that both devices have IP features enabled and that Multicast IP is the same. Also check that filtering is disabled. You can enable it later once you've confirmed that communication works correctly. Depending on how the local network is configured you might need to increase the Multicast TTL value but usually it is not needed.
UPDATE for this post.
I connected the third spaceLYnk (#3 building - same network, but different building and line) and tried the same steps.
In this case, absolutely everything works!! Smile

Different for building #1 is that there are installed several line couplers (10 lines in total).
Question: Can multiple line couplers cause previous malfunctions (wrong status for imported objects) if in filter table are filtered specific groups?
Where would it be more appropriate to add the spaceLYnk controller in such case (in main line or it doesn't matter) ?
With 10 lines traffic is probably too high.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(16.12.2022, 14:03)admin Wrote: No, keep the connection mode set to TP-UART. Make sure that both devices have IP features enabled and that Multicast IP is the same. Also check that filtering is disabled. You can enable it later once you've confirmed that communication works correctly. Depending on how the local network is configured you might need to increase the Multicast TTL value but usually it is not needed.

Hello,
How can I test if my routers SL are connected in multicast?
Is something like "ping" function between them?
By default they are all connected via multicast. Create same object in both and see if value is updated after change.
Ctrl+F5
(18.05.2023, 12:21)Daniel Wrote: By default they are all connected via multicast. Create same object in both and see if value is updated after change.

I already EXPORT object from #1SpaceLYnk to #2SpaceLYnk, but value dont changed (value change just in main SpaceLYnk)
All FILTERS are disabled ('no filter').
Multicast addresses are the same.
I also changed TTL from 1 to 5..6.. etc (there are about 5switches/routers between KNX routers)

The IT service claims that everything is fine with them.
Therefore, I want to prove that they did not create something correctly. But how?
You can run Wireshark on the same network using ip.addr==224.0.23.12 filter to check KNX multicast traffic.
You can take a switch, connect both SLs together and then show to IT that it works and it doesn't on IT network.
Ctrl+F5
(19.05.2023, 06:35)admin Wrote: You can run Wireshark on the same network using ip.addr==224.0.23.12 filter to check KNX multicast traffic.

Yes, this could be an option.
Thank you

(19.05.2023, 07:34)Daniel Wrote: You can take a switch, connect both SLs together and then show to IT that it works and it doesn't on IT network.

It could be complicated because SLs are located in different buildings and disconnecting them from the knx network would not be desirable at the moment. 
But thanks for the idea