This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Dimmer widget on/off button also sending value
I am using TOUCH 3 and a standard "Dimmer rotary" in my Wiser for KNX visualisation.

When pressing the middle button (the on/off button), Wiser seems to send BOTH a 1 bit ON/OFF GA and a 1 byte VALUE GA (of either 0% or 100% depending on whether you turn on or off the lamp). Is this really the case? Can I configure this so that the VALUE is not sent?
Needless to say: The VALUE byte should not be sent as this destroys the "previous" DALI value the next the lamp is switched on.

See pictures below.

Thanks in advance

It is, you can unlimnk on/off object and then it will work only via byte object.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.12.2022, 17:17)Daniel Wrote: It is, you can unlimnk on/off object and then it will work only via byte object.

Thanks for the quick answer. 

This is not a very user friendly solution. As with any DALI ECG, you typically want to switch on/off while retaining the same brightness. Using the VALUE byte would mean that one would have to fine-tune the scale every time the light is switched off/on (if I understand your solution correctly).

Must be a bug in the TOUCH 3. I can not think of any good reason why the middle switch on/off button should send the VALUE byte. 
(any standard KNX sensor, e.g. Multitouch with a rotary dimmer or even sensors with physical buttons would never do this). Sad
As far I remember, this was work around when switch object is not used on the widget. You cant hide the icon so byte was used instead. I agree when switch object is used byte should not be changed.
Ctrl+F5
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it possible to create a custom widget myself (i.e. looking identical to the rotary dimmer, but only sending bit for switch and byte for rotary scale interactions)?

Thx
Can't remember if SE kept this option but in LM you can import your own widgets but this is rather complicated job as you have to create it from scratch in JS
Ctrl+F5