This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Alexa Room Temperature
Hi! 
I am having an issue regarding room temperature from KNX and announsing from Alexa. 
I am asking from Alexa Command to tell me the temperature of a room that is I am getting it from an ABB room display ( The object is a 2bytes , 9.001 temperature in Celcius ).  When I ask from Alexa to tell me the room's temperature I am always getting the answer that the temperature is zero degrees. Also the Room Touch from ABB doen't have anything in Parameters to send the status temperature always for example every 2 seconds
Why is that happening?
(02.02.2023, 17:01)vmic Wrote: Hi! 
I am having an issue regarding room temperature from KNX and announsing from Alexa. 
I am asking from Alexa Command to tell me the temperature of a room that is I am getting it from an ABB room display ( The object is a 2bytes , 9.001 temperature in Celcius ).  When I ask from Alexa to tell me the room's temperature I am always getting the answer that the temperature is zero degrees. Also the Room Touch from ABB doen't have anything in Parameters to send the status temperature always fo:r example every 2 seconds
Why is that happening?
Hi,
For read cyclical the temperature, you can write a resident script ( every 50 sec for example) or a schedule script like this:
Temp = grp.getvalue(your group)
grp.checkupdate('virtual group',Temp,your delta)
About Alexa I think you must check Alexa app config
Alexa only is checking object value in LM, as long it is updated then this Alexa will see. It does not ask RTC for latest value. RTC must update LM on its own.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(02.02.2023, 17:14)CristianAgata Wrote:
(02.02.2023, 17:01)vmic Wrote: Hi! 
I am asking from Alexa Command to tell me the temperature of a room that is I am getting it from an ABB room display ( The object is a 2bytes , 9.001 temperature in Celcius ).  When I ask from Alexa to tell me the room's temperature I am always getting the answer that the temperature is zero degrees. Also the Room Touch from ABB doen't have anything in Parameters to send the status temperature always fo:r example every 2 seconds
Why is that happening?
Hi,
For read cyclical the temperature, you can write a resident script ( every 50 sec for example) or a schedule script like this:
Temp = grp.getvalue(your group)
grp.checkupdate('virtual group',Temp,your delta)
About Alexa I think you must check Alexa app config
Hi! And thank you for your answer.
Beacuse I am not familiar with scripting stuff I tried to insert the above script  in schedule script but I don't know how to do it. Is it possible to help me with more instructions please? I mean I have to create a new Group address inside ETS for getting the status or not (for the virtual group)? What are the steps to do that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In object properties you can set poll interval to periodically send read requests to it. Script is not needed.
(03.02.2023, 06:11)admin Wrote: In object properties you can set poll interval to periodically send read requests to it. Script is not needed.
Yes now it works great! Thank you very much!