This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Spacelynk USB communication towards FTDI
Hello to all,

I have an issue with the integration of a USB device using Spacelynk.

The 3rd party device can speak with my pc using the usb cable without any issue and I can send commands using different 3rd party softwares.

When I connect the device to Spacelynk using the same usb cable I can identify the usb using the necessary script. It is strange that I see the message about the latency timer. What could be the issue (see the attached image)

In any case the FTDI appear on my spacelynk as "/dev/ttyUSB0".

Code:
require('serial')
port = serial.open('/dev/ttyUSB0', {  baudrate = 9600,  databits = 8,  stopbits = 1,  parity = 'none',  duplex = 'half'
})

I try to open the serial port to write a message but I get the following error:

Code:
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.385584] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: failed to get modem status: -32
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.384593] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: failed to get modem status: -32
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.383582] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: urb failed to clear flow control
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.382563] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: ftdi_set_termios urb failed to set baudrate
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.380585] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: urb failed to clear flow control
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.379572] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: ftdi_set_termios urb failed to set baudrate
Feb 1 09:47:21 spaceLYnk kern.err kernel: [ 1092.378572] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: ftdi_set_termios FAILED to set databits/stopbits/parity

The message does not arrive to the device.

I have tried with different usb cables but no success. 

I have tried also to provide separate power to the usb cable using a second usb in the following hardware configuration:
  • (vcc+gnd) from 1 usb A connected to PC 
  • (tx,rx,gnd) from 1 usb A connected to Spacelynk

Any idea why this is happening?

How can I approach this problem?

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try a different USB-UART adapter. This one does not seem to be supported.
(06.02.2023, 10:19)admin Wrote: Try a different USB-UART adapter. This one does not seem to be supported.

Hello admin,

thank you for the immediate reply. If I understood correctly, the Spacelynk does not use correctly the communication of Microchip technology. Considering that it is quite difficult to change the 3rd party device part, can Spacelynk have any sort of update in future firmware releases?

Thank you
Have you tried using /dev/ttyACM0 instead of /dev/ttyUSB0?
(06.02.2023, 10:54)admin Wrote: Have you tried using /dev/ttyACM0 instead of /dev/ttyUSB0?

Thank you admin, this was the issue. Now my communication is correct.

You can cloe the theat if you want.

Best regards