This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus RTU Issue
Hello
I have A Power meter connected to RS485 serial Port, and I use a pre tested profile, but the values are incorrect and keep changing in a strange behavior.
but I tried values from read test its give a right value!
I tried to stop and start the modbus via this script but it didnt work
Code:
os.execute('sh /lib/genohm-scada/plugins/modbus/stop.sh')
os.sleep(1)
os.execute('sh /lib/genohm-scada/plugins/modbus/start.sh')

What could cause this issue
Best Regards,
Post your profile and what settings you used for the read test.
Here is the profile, Its the same profile worked with SL version 2.7.0
data sheet also attached.
yes the different when I read from read test I used function 03 integer-16 data type.
while the profile using function 04 floating-32 data type.
As I mentioned its was working in version 2.7.0, this issue pop up in version 2.8

Attached Files
.json   ElNet_LTE_Modbus (1).json (Size: 3.92 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   1813277.pdf (Size: 550.67 KB / Downloads: 12)
Best Regards,
Try doing read test with the exact same parameters as in the profile. I suspect you need to either deduct 1 from all addresses so it starts from 0 instead of 1 or use a different swap parameter value. Try all combinations to find the correct parameters.
here is the result from read test, I set the same parameters as the profile (this profile is tested and run in several projects)
while the reading from the profile is a mess.

see this attached image for the same profile but for SL V2.7

these are from SL V 2.8

Best Regards,
Just to be sure, clear browser cache.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(07.02.2023, 12:04)Daniel Wrote: Just to be sure, clear browser cache.

the same 
I tried also from different browser, but the same issue.
Best Regards,
Try deleting this device, deleting the profile and add profile and add device again.
Ctrl+F5
Actually you need to correct your profile, add "read_swap":"n"
Ctrl+F5
(07.02.2023, 12:47)Daniel Wrote: Actually you need to correct your profile, add "read_swap":"n"

Thank you Daniel, its worked.
I see that in the read test that its work when I set the swap to None, But I confused because its working without adding  "read_swap":"n" in other projects.

thanks for the support.
Best Regards,