This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

VPN connection to Homelynk
Question 
Hi,

after an installation of a Homelynk at a customer, i need to reprogram some KNX equipements for a very little thing.

is it possible to create a VPN connection to a Homelynk to be able to program from a distance with ETS ?

Best regards, David Dumont
Yes, for sure this is possible. I don't know precisely how looks the configuration but generally you can do this with:
- static IP adress or DDNS,
- router which can be the VPN server e.g.  Mikrotik and PPTP server.
- you must send all traffic to client.

I know this because I had such solution on one building. Maybe there was some lags and I didn't tried program some much advanced devices but basic yes and this worked goodWink

Maybe there is some much experienced user on this forum which can tell how this configuration can looks...
I am also interested in this topic and visualisation without password for LM4 inside the local LAN.
Sure. Just do a port forward of port 3671 from the internet facing router and to port 3671 on the Homelynk/LogicMachine device. This is usually done under NAT / Port Forwarding settings in the router.

Then just add the public/outside IP of the internett router as the IP/KNX adapter in ETS and you can program like you where on-site.

regards
Thomas
By doing so, be sure to disable the port forwarding after, otherwise your KNX network will be available to everyone sniffing the address.
Using a VPN capable modem is a better choice. Or some openvpn client/server so you have a secure connection between your PC and the remote site.