This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Unexpected reboots
Hello,
Some of my LMs reboot unexpectedly. No error seem to happen in the Errors log. I have a KNX object that counts the restart of the LM and I can see that it restarts about 3 times a day. I have another object used for storing the value of 15-minute average CPU load, and I don't see this load growing abnormally before the unexpected restarts.

When I go into system config > Status > System logs, I can only see the system logs since the last restart, so I can't know what happened just before the restart.

Would there be any way to understand what caused the LM to reboot?
What about memory?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I don't know. I will try to write RAM usage into a KNX object at regular intervals and see if there are memory leaks happening. Thanks for the suggestion.
If you have an unexpected reboot due to the out-of-memory condition then the system won't be able save last object values. If you have multiple LMs then you can monitor one LM from another by exchanging values via KNX/IP.
I have a simulair problem with a Wiser.
I don't see any high CPU or memory.
I sent me CPU load to Influx I have every day 1 higher load of 22% at 12am because for saving energy values.
But that is not the time of the problems.

my current value's
CPU/IO: 0.18 0.08 0.02, Memory: 22%, KNX/TP: OK

I have 2 Wiser @home.
first I was testing with 2 of the same programs, but I disabled all script at the 2nd Wiser, these didn't show any problem. (1st show restarts).
Then I run the 2nd Wiser with all scripts run and both show restarts (not at the same time, but simulair).
Now I'm so far it looks like it one of the script who run for raining and or wind.
But these scripts don't create a high CPU. (as far I see)

if it is desired, I could share the 5 scripts.