This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 Not working with ETS
Hi,

I had to reflash my LM5 to be able to upgrade firmware again. This went ok. I have now the latest firmware installed.

My issue now is that I am not able to use ETS to download.
I also have an integration with Home assistant that is working one way. I am not able to expose entities to LM, but can read values from LM.

In my quest to find out what is wrong I have also powered of the HA, to ensure that this is not "holding" the connection.
My HA uses multicast to connect so this is not an issue.

Any ideas?
When you say latest, do you mean RC from forum or the one from openrb.com
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Are you using tunneling or multicast connection in ETS?
(22.02.2023, 14:28)Daniel Wrote: When you say latest, do you mean RC from forum or the one from openrb.com

I am using the RC from forum 20230130..

(22.02.2023, 14:29)admin Wrote: Are you using tunneling or multicast connection in ETS?

In ETS5 I am only able to setup IP tunneling. I also have a Spacelynk on another network to test that my connection from ETS is working. This work well. Old firmware on the SL
Do you have filtering set up in KNX settings? We had a report about programming issues for certain KNX devices with ETS 5.7. But it worked fine with ETS 6.
(22.02.2023, 14:58)admin Wrote: Do you have filtering set up in KNX settings? We had a report about programming issues for certain KNX devices with ETS 5.7. But it worked fine with ETS 6.

No not anymore. I had filtering enabled in my project restore when reflashing and installing the firmware.
But removed it during my process with trial and error...

I get Interface not found in ETS5.7.7..
What if you manually put the IP and test?
Ctrl+F5
(22.02.2023, 15:12)Daniel Wrote: What if you manually put the IP and test?

I have also tested this, and also changed the IP to test.. no luck

I am also able to do ping against the LM and access the webserver in it, just to .. :-)
I am in the same subnet..

Are these parameters correct with the deamon?

Ip filter settings...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knx settings?
Ctrl+F5
(22.02.2023, 15:31)Daniel Wrote: Knx settings?

(22.02.2023, 15:34)thomasoppida Wrote:

I think this was kind of weird...

I think this was kind of weird...

Is this correct?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

KNX settings look correct. Try installing ETS6 demo and see if it works.
The device itself being displayed in the neighbour list is a bug that will be fixed in the next firmware. It has nothing to do with the ETS connection issue.
Would not the 172.12.30.x be "considered" a public IP and that may result in LM blocking the access to 3671? I had an issue with that, changing the IP on the network to a tested and tried IP-range worked fine.
Good catch Smile
B class network range is 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
Thx.. It worked.

Changing the ip to conform with IP header class standard for C networks.

For my setup this was some work. 
Unifi is not very happy with changing the default network ip range, so I had to create a new network site and move everything over. 
Create new static leases, adopt all my Unifi devices to the new network, setup wireless networks again, restart every device that did not get new ip before lease time expire.
Update port forwardings in firewall. Setup my vpn from cabin again, update my reverse proxy config, update addresses for my NVR. Edit static dhcp on several devices.

This evening I will go over my scripts and check Sonos to match new ip-range.

At work this will be a problem, as we are running a Class A network, also several customers (municipalities) here in norway is doing the same.

Can this be a "firewall-feature" to turn of, for people who are able to put LM's behind firewall and to block 3671/tcp, in future release?

I am very fond of this gateway and was using eibd-linknx-knxweb/lua before this product came out and always loved its flexibility.

KR
Thomas
It will work in a class A private network range.
(23.02.2023, 13:50)admin Wrote: It will work in a class A private network range.

but not for Class B?
A/B/C are all supported. Your old 172.12.30.0/24 range does not belong to the B private range which is 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255.
Blush Thx for the lesson. Been using this range for at least the last 15 years, was a bit blinded..

(23.02.2023, 13:56)admin Wrote: A/B/C are all supported. Your old 172.12.30.0/24 range does not belong to the B private range which is 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255.