This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX dummy object
Hi
Is there a "KNX dummy object" available for LM?
Dummy objects are useful for automated creating of routing tables for line couplers in ETS.
I can use dummy from Gira http://www.gira.com/en/service/download/...ml?id=1084
but without any automated filler I have to fill all group addresses manually.
Or of course I can use visdummy but I still need to prepare data manually http://www.it-gmbh.de/en/products/knx-so...dummy.html

My idea is to get LM objects and create the dummy object for ETS from this data.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Please,
it would be very usefull. In the current state I have to modify routing tables in line couplers by hand. Which generates mistakes
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
If you can use that ETS app then a simple script can be created to make a list of all group addresses
Sorry, but this is not a solution. I've five line couplers in my KNX design and I don't want every group address everywhere.
What I really need is the dummy object like Gira's one. Non-existence of the dummy object is (at least from my point of view) a huge lack of functionality which makes large KNX projects with complex topology difficult to maintain.
Please add this request to your wishlist.
Last but not least you can sell the module for $100 as Gira does Smile
I fully agreed with Thomas (maybe without prize of that module) Smile