This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

2 LM in the same network
Hi

I'm in the process to include serveral modbus fancoil in my organization, they are altready wired together, but I miss a client to role them all and read statuses 
the main LM, the BMS, is located at floor -1, the devices are at 4th floor and I cannot wire them.

My idea is to connect a new LM on 4th floor and use it as Modbus gateway to connect those fancoils.

My question is....
how the second LM can communicate with the first one?

in my intention I do need to read all registers and synch them to the first one as virtual objects. The BMS will also need to command them to start/stop and setpoint

I have LAN access available and I have no other ideas than http API (multicast is not an options)

is there another way? 

thanks
Marco
If the second LM does not use KNX/TP then you can set KNX connection mode to tunneling and connect to the first LM this way.
You can also use MQTT for this. If you won't have many telegrams between LMs then HTTP will work fine as well.
mqtt!
why I did not think about it!!! Sad Sad

that's the way!
thank you!