This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

[OLD] LogicMachine firmware 2023 RC3
LM firmware 2023 RC3 is ready for testing. This firmware contains a fix for visualization not working in iOS15 and other minor bug fixes.
This is a final release candidate. It will be either marked as stable or a stable release will be published in several weeks.

Video tutorials: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...9#pid21069

You can find the hardware model in the "Upgrade firmware" window:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1740]

LM5 Power devices with i.MX6 CPU Extra packages (i.MX6 CPU)
hi everyone,

since FW 2023 RC1 resident scripts are fully restarted after every "save" to the script. all variables are lost, just like with event scripts between calls. debugging of large scripts that compute variables and accumulate data over a longer period of time became significantly more complicated than before, when all the variables of the resident scripts were kept in memory and you were able go through a script step by step during operation and eliminate all the bugs. at the end the scripts behaviour after a reboot for example was easily checked by disabling and enabling it to force a full restart.
i clearly prefer keeping the variables in memory after save and force a restart only after disabling it.
what do you think of this change ?
If you have some long-running calculations then save your data into storage.
Nobody else complained about this change and we think that the full restart is better than a partial reload. Most resident scripts follow this pattern:
Code:
if not init then
  -- setup code
  init = true
end
-- main loop code
So reloading only affects the main loop code. Any changes made to the setup code part require a manual disable/enable sequence which is not intuitive for the end users.
Hello, I am configuring a new LM5p2-KC device updated to the latest firmware and I have connected a CAN dali gateway. Everything is well connected but when searching for the device, it tells me this message.

'Failed to communicate with the device. Make sure that it is powered on and CAN bus is connected'

I have 24V on the dali gateway input and 4.9V on the CAN bus
(15.03.2023, 10:06)davidchispas Wrote: Hello, I am configuring a new LM5p2-KC device updated to the latest firmware and I have connected a CAN dali gateway. Everything is well connected but when searching for the device, it tells me this message.

'Failed to communicate with the device. Make sure that it is powered on and CAN bus is connected'

I just tried the same on same HW and it works fine, maybe you changed master code?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
How long is the cable? Are there any other CANx devices on the bus?
Try this:
1. Run line scan to detect the DALI gw. See if green LED blinks on the gw.
2. Switch to the Monitor tab, press "Start monitor" and press the programming button on the DALI gw. See if you get a message from it.
3. Click Tools -> Enable direct communication. You might also need to reset the DALI gw by long pressing the programming button.
(15.03.2023, 10:59)Daniel Wrote:
(15.03.2023, 10:06)davidchispas Wrote: Hello, I am configuring a new LM5p2-KC device updated to the latest firmware and I have connected a CAN dali gateway. Everything is well connected but when searching for the device, it tells me this message.

I just tried the same on same HW and it works fine, maybe you changed master code?

I have reset the project several times, just to try.

(15.03.2023, 11:00)admin Wrote: How long is the cable? Are there any other CANx devices on the bus?
Try this:
1. Run line scan to detect the DALI gw. See if green LED blinks on the gw.
2. Switch to the Monitor tab, press "Start monitor" and press the programming button on the DALI gw. See if you get a message from it.
3. Click Tools -> Enable direct communication. You might also need to reset the DALI gw by long pressing the programming button.

the canX gateway is located next to LM.

1- Sometimes it does blink.
2- No message arrives
3- It was not solved

I just tried another canx gateway and it works perfectly. Can you tell me how to proceed to recover it? I think I had to download a dfu file
Did you try resting it by long press on programming button?
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...5#pid12795
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Firmware: https://dl.openrb.com/canx/dali_20220921.dfu
Flashing guide: https://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/20...indows.pdf
After flashing reset the DALI gw by performing a long press of the programming button.

If this does not help then the device is damaged and must be replaced.
(16.03.2023, 13:46)admin Wrote: Firmware: https://dl.openrb.com/canx/dali_20220921.dfu
Flashing guide: https://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/20...indows.pdf
After flashing reset the DALI gw by performing a long press of the programming button.

If this does not help then the device is damaged and must be replaced.

Hello,
The device is damaged, it keeps reproducing the same error. As I indicated, I have more footbridges in stock purchased in the same order and without failures.

tell me how to proceed. Thank you.
Send it back to us for inspection. We will check if it can be repaired and what might have caused the damage.
Next time please create a separate topic. This hardware issue is not related to the LM firmware.
(17.03.2023, 08:52)admin Wrote: Send it back to us for inspection. We will check if it can be repaired and what might have caused the damage.
Next time please create a separate topic. This hardware issue is not related to the LM firmware.

Yes sorry. You can delete the messages so as not to harm the thread of the post. Thank you
Since upgrading to the latest firmware on our test device the webpage Frame no longer works. Have tried with edge and chrome and also changed the frame address to googles.
Message says content is blocked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enable "Allow external resources (JS/CSS)" in Utilities > Vis. configuration
(04.04.2023, 13:26)admin Wrote: Enable "Allow external resources (JS/CSS)" in Utilities > Vis. configuration
Thanks Worked
where can i get LM firmware 2023 RC3 because only signature file get from above link
Firmware name is the link to the image file
wil lm2i interface supported in the final release ? unfortuanly there ist no link for imx28 devices.
Yes, old CPU devices will be supported when a final version is released.
(08.05.2023, 12:20)admin Wrote: Yes, old CPU devices will be supported when a final version is released.

Any ETA for final release and old CPUs support? We were using 2023 RC3 during weeks and it seems fully stable  Smile