This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus RTU connection
I have an issue with at modbus client when connecting it to a Wiser.

The client is a Systemair Save 250/B.

In my attempts to solve the issue I purchased a USB to serial interface and was able to connect to the client with the help of the PC software from the manufacturer. 

I connected the corresponding cables to the Wiser and changed the RTU settings that was successful on the software. However, I am getting operation timeout when trying to get data from the client. 

I do not have a 120ohm resistor connected. As the installation is an hour away; Do you think this is the solution to the problem in this case? The cable from Wiser to client is 1.5 meters.
Why are you using USB serial interface?
Are you sure you using correct Port? Check in System - Status- System Status - Serial ports
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(24.03.2023, 11:10)Daniel Wrote: Why are you using USB serial interface?
Are you sure you using correct Port?  Check in System - Status- System Status - Serial ports

Since I was unsuccessful getting response through the Wiser I decided to test the connection directly from my laptop to the client with the interface. Worked fine.
Connect GND between devices.
(24.03.2023, 11:13)admin Wrote: Connect GND between devices.

Forgot to mention that, but did that as well.

A CAT6 cable was put in place by electrician. Might that pose an issue?