This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Port Forwarding and VPN
Hey,

One of my objects, stays LM with VPN connection and also port forwarding.

Recently I was used to ETS5 and now switched to ETS6 and can't program it in distance from ETS 6 with connected VPN (NAT is using), but it's not a main problem. There, we'd like to use Iridium I3 for visualization if I connect via VPN to LM with port 3671 everything is fine and online. But then I'm trying to connect via port forwarding to LM with port 3671 it is not work. Is it possible that LM blocks traffic which is goes by port forwarding and just need to configure some LM settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Access to KNX port from external IP addresses is blocked for security reasons.
(24.03.2023, 14:51)admin Wrote: Access to KNX port from external IP addresses is blocked for security reasons.

It used to be available. Is it blocked now?
Having an open unsecured KNX port is a huge security risk. Use either ZeroTier or OpenVPN. LM will also have Wireguard support later on.
(27.03.2023, 05:25)admin Wrote: Having an open unsecured KNX port is a huge security risk. Use either ZeroTier or OpenVPN. LM will also have Wireguard support later on.

Hi, Admin. Is there a way to temporary open NAT mode (5/10/30 minutes) via web interface?
example - I made access to object networ via ZeroTier, installed on Mikrotik, and routes (in attach)

with this settings i can't access to LM via ETS?
The connection is only dropped for public IP ranges. NAT mode should work over ZeroTier as it uses private address ranges. Maybe your routing is not configured correctly. Can you access LM web UI this way?
https://openrb.com/zerotier-remote-maintenance-of-lm5/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.03.2023, 07:53)admin Wrote: The connection is only dropped for public IP ranges. NAT mode should work over ZeroTier as it uses private address ranges. Maybe your routing is not configured correctly. Can you access LM web UI this way?

Hmm.... maybe sometime earlier I've made some mistake in configuration. Now it works correctly with NAT mode... Thank you!