This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

BACnet IP - Connect to buildings
Hello, I have a question regarding to a BACnet IP communication.

There are 2 buildings, A and B. In the A building I have the BACnet client (YABE software for example), and in the B building I have a homelynk with the 2.8 version and BACnet server enabled.

Both are connected by an VPN, and I have also a firewall in the B building, but we can ignore it for the purpose of knowing how to connect.

I read something about BBMD, but I don't know where and how I have to use it.

When I tried to connect locally, I had no problem and I read the data.

Could you help me with this question?

Thanks!
BBMD is used when you want to connect bacnet devices on different network. You have to setup the BBMD in the client and just let know server where to look and on which port.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thanks Daniel, I'll take a look with BBMD and YABE.

I know I said that I had no problem connecting, but it was not a 2.8 device, it was a 2.3 homelynk. Today I'm trying to connect locally to a 2.8 device. Could there be a problem if I try it from a public IP range? As with the 3671 port.
Public IP range is blocked for bacnet.
Ctrl+F5
(28.03.2023, 07:26)Daniel Wrote: Public IP range is blocked for bacnet.

Ok, understood, as with the 3671. So, I can't connect from the building A to B, if the range it's public, correct?
VPN should create a new private network between buildings, with BBMD router it should work.
PS. On LM you could use out of the box cloud connection between LMs.
Ctrl+F5