This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Send System telegram with knxlib
hi, I have to send some system telegrams from a LM (for example knxlib.reset('10.0.2')
My topology consists of two areas. My LM is in area 3 with address 3.0.0 (area coupler). The device to reach is in area 1. Area 1 is coupled with an ip-router (configured without filters)
observe that the telegrams pass in area 3 but are not repeated in area 1..... Where am I wrong??
knxlib.reset / knxlib.ping only works on the TP line that is connected directly to LM but not over KNX/IP routing.
My network is the one attached. I have to send normal telegrams, not system ones. Since multicast does not work in my system's network, I have to connect from time to time to an IP router in tunneling with the LM (LSS100200). In fact I can do it by setting the KNX interface of the LM to Tunneling mode, but it can only be done from the settings by restarting the LM from time to time. I would need to write a script that, based on the address, is capable of changing the host of the tunneling setting without going through the settings, dynamically.