This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

How to integrate several LM5 under one Winswtch3?
Dear admin,

We have a new project, end user need to collect several LM5 signals from several different buildings.

End user has total 8 standalone cabinets. Each cabinet has one KNX IP router and some KNX modules.
Each cabinet use optical fiber to send KNX signals to control center. 
For now, the control center uses Aston Winswitch3(or Elvis3) as HMI to show and control all 8 cabinets signals. And end user still want to use Aston Winswitch3(or Elvis3) in the control center.

In this projcet, the end user needs to realize more complicated functions(integrate with RS485 and time control), plans to replace all KNX IP routers with LM5.

My question is original KNX IP router are still necessary or not to the project if use LM5?
Can 8 LM5s fulfill both KNX IP router function and control function at the same time under one HMI software as Aston Winswitch3(or Elvis3)?
Any suggestion about this project?

Thanks for your time.
Best regards,
Richard
Here are network topology diagram.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have no idea what your HMI is but LM can transmit telegrams both as routing and tunneling, same as IP router. If a filter table was created in the routers then in LM you will need to do add it too.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(17.04.2023, 07:32)Daniel Wrote: I have no idea what your HMI is but LM can transmit telegrams both as routing and tunneling, same as IP router. If a filter table was created in the routers then in LM you will need to do add it too.

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot for the support.