This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI Short Address
Hi!

I have connected 2 SG Junistar Exclusive DALI spotlights to my RS485 DALI gateway.
But, when i scan for devices, i only get up one short address (63) , and both of the spotlight react to one short address.
what have i done wrong here? 
If i understand correct, each spotlight should have their own short address?

I am also trying to get this work together with my KNX device,  Jung DS4092TS, but i am not sure how to
make the dimmer function work. ive managed to turn it on and off with the switch, but no dimming.
i am all new to this, learning by doing....

if anyone has a recommendation for a good youtube video to learn the basics in lua, i will appreciate it Smile

Bobby

Hi again!

I found this now:
http://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=13
it worked for dimming! Smile Smile Smile
but is it possible to add some more "smooth" dimming feature, it instantly steps down/up 10%.
is there any way to get it to fade?
Fading can be enabled/adjusted by sending a setdtr/storefadetime commands.
Create an event script linked to 1-byte unsigned object, then send the required value (in seconds):
Code:
require('user.dali')

-- user-specified fade time
value = event.getvalue()
-- set data transfer register value for all connected ballasts
dalicmd('internal', 'setdtr', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = value })
-- store data transfer register value as fade time for all connected ballasts
dalicmd('internal', 'storefadetime', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })
thanx, trying that tonight!
and:
when i scan for devices, i only get up one short address (63) , and both of the spotlight react to one short address.
what have i done wrong here?
Try running short address programming again.
(30.11.2016, 07:56)admin Wrote: Try running short address programming again.

Tried connecting 2 more downlights, but all 4 shows up as one, "dev-63".  Tried to scan for devices, all 4 options. still no change.....
all 4 downlights is able to on/off and dim via same command.
also tried with a new RS485 module, same here. DEV-63.....
Try connecting only one ballast with a short cable and run the short address programming again.
Hi!

Tried one ballast at a time. sometimes it shows dev-0 (1 out of 5 maybe) the rest of the time it shows dev-63....
all the ballast are the same type: http://www.sg-as.no/dk/produkt/7021989123132/

Using this power supply for the DALI gateway (LMA-DALIRS485): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DR-60-18...0.0.7Z1YCW

Best Regards Bobby.
Can you try a power supply with lower voltage, like 12V?
Hi!

Yes, i can try.... but according to manual:

Power supply: 
18-28V DC Power supply for gateway               (i have 24VDC on this, same as Reactor))
16-18V DC Power supply for the DALI bus        (i have 18VDC on this, should i try 12VDC on this one?)
By DALI standard it should work starting from 9V. Also, do you have GND connected between LM and RS-485/DALI gateway?
Photo 
Hi!

Please see attachment, ive tried several solutions, but cant find all ballasts.
this is my current setup, please advice what changes i should make.

Best Regards Bobby

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should not connect power supply directly to ReActor DALI input. There's no harm in that but no point as well. ReActor DALI requires an external DALI-specific power supply, whereas RS485 gateway can work with a standard power supply. Maybe you can provide remote access to your device with a single ballast connected so we can check what's going wrong.
Hi again!

My first setup looked like this attachment:

I can connect it with only one ballast if you want, and give you remote access.

now this is actual setup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)