This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Correct Modbus Profile
Hello Erwin, Daniel , Admin,

On a current project I will need to read multiple energy meters and get data from Schneider circuit breakers over modbus. We will use LM5Lps to get the data and send them over KNX IP routing to another gateway (or maybe directly via the LMs) which will communicate with a MQTT server for cloud based presentation and analytics.

There are two main switches MTZ1 08 H2 4P with a Micrologic MTZ 5.0 X fitted (LV847283).

I have the following profiles and I wonder if any of them can be used in my case.
.json   Masterpact_NT_NW-Masterpact_A.json (Size: 12.79 KB / Downloads: 2)
.json   Masterpact_NT_NW-Masterpact_E.json (Size: 7.19 KB / Downloads: 1)
.json   Masterpact_NT_NW-Masterpact_H.json (Size: 28.84 KB / Downloads: 2)
.json   Masterpact_NT_NW-Masterpact_P.json (Size: 29.48 KB / Downloads: 2)

If none of them is suitable, does anyone have the correct profile for this?

What would you recommend for reading values over modbus, RTU or TCP?

I have seen this IFE server from Scheider which acts as a Modbus TCP - RTU master. If this is used can I somehow get the data from it to be able to monitor all modbus slaves under it?
https://www.se.com/ww/en/product/LV43400...-enerlinx/

The overview of one of the main boards is shown below for better understanding to my questions:

Thank you in advance for any input.
There's no profile for this device but making one is not a hard task. Direct RTU connection is preferable since a TCP gateway is another possible point of failure.