This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trouble after power failure
Hi admin!
The project I have uses a Canx UIO16 device. After power failure and reboot, the group addresses are not controllable, I have to Write Configuration of the UIO16 device to be able to control the group addresses.
Thank you in advance!
Please simulate the power failure again and then scan the line and scan the device, see if configuration are there and groups assigned. If not then device need replacement.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(18.05.2023, 10:19)Daniel Wrote: Please simulate the power failure again and then scan the line and scan the device, see if configuration are there and groups assigned. If not then device need replacement.

The project is being completed, to be safe, the CB will be turned off at night and the CB will be turned on the next morning. I do a line scan and I still see the device's address, but when I write or read the address in the groups, it doesn't respond. I write configuration again each device, the device works normally. In the event of a power outage, the customer will contact me regarding the loss of control. Can you check this for me? Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Click here to scan the device, it will read back all settings from the device.

Ctrl+F5
(18.05.2023, 12:18)Daniel Wrote: Click here to scan the device, it will read back all settings from the device.

Hi Daniel!
When I click on Scan Device it gives an error

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Contact us via email for a replacement. Attach link to this thread in it.
Ctrl+F5
(19.05.2023, 08:50)Daniel Wrote: Contact us via email for a replacement. Attach link to this thread in it.

The UIO16 machine has a Scan Device function, sometimes it can be accessed, sometimes it can't. Once I got access to the scanning device, I had to reselect each group address and save it. The error after powering off and on again has been fixed, group addresses work again. Thank you for the very quick response!
(19.05.2023, 10:53)aicanx Wrote:
(19.05.2023, 08:50)Daniel Wrote: Contact us via email for a replacement. Attach link to this thread in it.

The UIO16 machine has a Scan Device function, sometimes it can be accessed, sometimes it can't. Once I got access to the scanning device, I had to reselect each group address and save it. The error after powering off and on again has been fixed, group addresses work again. Thank you for the very quick response!

Hi daniel, I also have this problem with CanX devies.
(12.06.2023, 07:09)hoangknx Wrote:
(19.05.2023, 10:53)aicanx Wrote:

Hi daniel, I also have this problem with CanX devies.

If you performed all the tests as described above with same results then fallow the same advice.
Ctrl+F5
You need to update UIO16 firmware and perform a reset after the upgrade by long pressing the programming button. New UIO16 profile must be added into the CANx app: Tools > Upload device profile.

Firmware, profile and flashing how to guide can be found here: https://dl.openrb.com/canx/esp32/

Let us know that this fixes the issue for you.