This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 Light - lost GA
Hello, 

After a power outage, in the LM5 light, with the firmware lm5m3-20230420, all the group addresses, the modbus devices and the scripts lost suddenly.
To point out, the device is new.

To check if this was due to his SD card, we made an icon in visualization, and after a power outage, the icon was still there in visualization.

How do you explain this failure?

Thank you in advance.
In a unlucky situation when LM is saving project to SD and the power outage happens the data can get corrupted, this is probably what has happened.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(06.06.2023, 14:09)Daniel Wrote: In a unlucky situation when LM is saving project to SD and the power outage happens the data can get corrupted, this is probably what has happened.

Thank you for replay.
The project was online for 4 days and it was working properly.
Hi guys,

I having firmware 2.8.2 on W4K HW 3.1 and I had the same problem today. System worked fine then I was wondering why some functions in the house are not working anymore. After I logged in on W4K everything was gone: Group Adress, Scripts, schedules etc.

Furthermore I see in the system logs that the W4K restarting very often automatically in the last days.

Luckily I made a backup 2 days ago so after recovering the W4K working fine again.

Do you have any idea?

Many thanks.

Best Regards
Steffen
There is fw update as this is a bug.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...0#pid31120
Ctrl+F5
Hello
The links for fw and signature doesn’t seems to work.
Ctrl+F5 and try again
Ctrl+F5
(08.06.2023, 09:10)Daniel Wrote: There is fw update as this is a bug.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...0#pid31120

Hi Daniel,

many thanks. Is this already available for W4K?

Many thanks.

Best Regards
Steffen
No it is not, it was discovered yesterday and we just provided the fix to them today. They must generate signature for it. There will be new fw 2.8.3 later
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,

many thanks for the feedback. Are the automatic restarts from the system then also gone with the new firmware?

Many thanks!

Best regards
Steffen
No, if LM is restarting on its own it has a reason for it, it could be out of memory or something else.
Ctrl+F5
Thanks Daniel. Is there any opportunity to see what is the reason of the restart? If I looking inside the parameter: runtime and memory everything is in normal operation mode.
It is not an easy task, you need to figure out what has happened just before the restart.
How often do you have this restart?
Ctrl+F5
Unregular every 3-5 hours. Can I generate a special script to log the system states?
This sound to me like hw issue, contact us via email for RMA.
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

This happened to me last week, although I don't remember the exact day. Everything disappeared, including objects, object logs, scripts, trends, vis, and users, except for the icons and the configuration. Fortunately, I send a backup every month.

How can I remotely check if the SD card is functioning properly? Are there any specific things I should check?
(12.06.2023, 05:40)Fahd Wrote: Hi,

This happened to me last week, although I don't remember the exact day. Everything disappeared, including objects, object logs, scripts, trends, vis, and users, except for the icons and the configuration. Fortunately, I send a backup every month.

How can I remotely check if the SD card is functioning properly? Are there any specific things I should check?

Create a object, and reboot device via System Config-System-Reboot. If object is still there then SD should be OK.
Ctrl+F5
(12.06.2023, 07:25)Daniel Wrote:
(12.06.2023, 05:40)Fahd Wrote: Hi,

Create a object, and reboot device via System Config-System-Reboot. If object is still there then SD should be OK.

I have imported a backup and know it works fine, is there any way to get an alert when this happens again?
Just upgrade the fw or install the update patch. The issue was fixed.
Ctrl+F5