This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Active Speaker + Alexa voice control + Bathroom
Hi all,

I'm looking for a possibility to use Alexa voice control in our Bathrooms without having Alexa echo or something in the bathroom itself. In best case just a flush-mounted waterproof speaker where I can listen to radio or Spotify and can control light and roller shutter. 

Any Ideas how to implement it?

Thank you and best regards,
You can put a echo in the next room and scream as hard as you can “alexa” (:

Otherwise I don’t see how you would voice control without a microphone enabled Alexa device…
(31.07.2023, 13:13)atomar Wrote: Hi all,

I'm looking for a possibility to use Alexa voice control in our Bathrooms without having Alexa echo or something in the bathroom itself. In best case just a flush-mounted waterproof speaker where I can listen to radio or Spotify and can control light and roller shutter. 

Any Ideas how to implement it?

Thank you and best regards,
Hi,
For music I think at Amati..... For command voice I have no Idea.
Best regards Cristian
(31.07.2023, 14:38)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: You can put a echo in the next room and scream as hard as you can “alexa” (:

Otherwise I don’t see how you would voice control without a microphone enabled Alexa device…

Yeah, I need to rephrase my question. So basically I though I could use an active speaker with microphone which is connected to Alexa to use Alexa voice control. Till now I could not find any in wall ceiling speakers with this functionality, unfortunately.  

So now my new plan. Using Echo Dot (3. Generation) as voice control an hide it somewhere in mirror cabinet. As speaker I will use Q Acoustics Q Install Qi65S ST In-Ceiling Stereo Speaker (Single) and active Bluetooth amplifier and connect it to Alexa. 
So the remaining question I have is, how can I use Alexa voice control to control light and roller shutter. I also would like to install a motion detector (depending on the time)  and KNX button which should turn the music on / off . 

I ordered LSS100200 SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC but I will be able to use in some months because the house where I will use it is in construction phase.

Best regards
You ordered a wrong device. From SE W4K has this capability. Any LM can do it as well
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Btw, there are some smart mirrors like https://liveluka.com/
Never tried.
Ctrl+F5
(08.08.2023, 07:52)Daniel Wrote: You ordered a wrong device. From SE W4K has this capability. Any LM can do it as well

Damn it. Ok, will returned it. But just out of curiosity could IFTTT be a solution to connect Alexa with LSS100200?
No idea
Ctrl+F5