This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SL Reboots
Hi, 

strange problem appears with SL approx from 28.08.23. 

Device not response, but periodically is possible to connect. Memory is used till 96%, then device hung up, then reboot and again the same. SD Card is used only 18%. 

Also should such info be shown in log:

What it could be?

Alex
If the device runs out of memory it will reboot automatically. Nothing can be done about this.
96% memory usage is not normal, usually it is around 20%-30%. How many trends do you have? Also check the database size inside a backup.
Hi. I am user of SL machine, about wich Alex asked a question.

I am running 29 trends an my backup file is 8,3 Mb.

Why do i see this log: Sep 19 05:37:15 spaceLYnk daemon.info avahi-daemon[1151]: Found user 'nobody' (UID 65534) and group 'nogroup'?
avahi-daemon is responsible for mDNS. There's nothing wrong with this log entry.
(14.09.2023, 07:07)admin Wrote: If the device runs out of memory it will reboot automatically. Nothing can be done about this.
96% memory usage is not normal, usually it is around 20%-30%. How many trends do you have? Also check the database size inside a backup.

Hi. I am user of SL machine, about wich Alex asked a question.

I am running 29 trends an my backup file is 8,3 Mb.
What is the total size of all trends?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(26.09.2023, 07:27)Daniel Wrote: What is the total size of all trends?

Log size is 1,99 MB.
When this problem started to happen, cleaned out logs and before cleaning it was close to 10 MB.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Install Processes app, sort table by %VSZ in descending mode and drop a screenshot here.
(26.09.2023, 08:24)admin Wrote: Install Processes app, sort table by %VSZ in descending mode and drop a screenshot here.

Unfortuntelly i can not install processes app.

Install via file from here
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...4#pid24834
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(26.09.2023, 09:14)Daniel Wrote: Install via file from here
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...4#pid24834

See below.

It looks like you have a loop in event scripts where one script executes another and at some point the system runs out of memory due to having too many processes. Check that event scripts don't use long os.sleep() calls unless the script execution mode is set to first or last instance.
(26.09.2023, 09:43)admin Wrote: It looks like you have a loop in event scripts where one script executes another and at some point the system runs out of memory due to having too many processes. Check that event scripts don't use long os.sleep() calls unless the script execution mode is set to first or last instance.

Thank you for your answer, it helped me get to the problem.  
We had multiple timers running for 80 min because of an human error, and when i changed it back to 4 min, as it should be, everithing is working perfectly.