This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

ip router backborn coupler
hi everyone, please i need to connect two distance knx installation  using ip protocol over internet. i have configured tzo ip router an its work properly in local network but when i try t make the same thing using vpn to connect over internet it doesn't work. please someone can help solve this
Please describe the problem you trying to solve and which hardware are you using.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I use wiser as a web server to control the knx equipment on two remote sites and on the chance of the sites I have an IP router from the Intera and Enertex brands. on the local network everything works fine but when I connect to the internet I cannot control the equipment on the two sites. I put the wiser in tuning mode but unfortunately with this mode I do not have the status feedback from the remote site and with the other mode the wiser does not communicate with the remote site.

(25.10.2023, 12:28)Daniel Wrote: Please describe the problem you trying to solve and which hardware are you using.

this is the diagram    
Wiser will accept only IP routing, tunneling is no option for you as it can connect only to single router.
It might work via VPN,if you enable multicast via VPN and increase multicast TTL on all KNX/IP routers.
Also make sure you use local IP range in VPN as wiser blocks any KNX communication from public IPs.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
ok i try it