This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

More than 10 modbusdevices
Hello every one.

Does anybody know, if it is possible to overwrite the maximum of 10 modbus RS-485 devices on a W4K?
Mabye by RS-232 port or a modbus to usb interface?
You can only use scripts. If devices are on the same RTU then mbproxy library should be used for simultaneous bus access.
LM has no limits like that.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(07.11.2023, 11:27)Daniel Wrote: LM has no limits like that.

Okay, that's nice.
But unfortunately, I've already bought a Wiser4KNX from Schneider before I knew that it was a LM in disguise. And as far as I understand, the W4K has a limit of 10 modbus devices?
Yes it has
Ctrl+F5
(07.11.2023, 12:26)Daniel Wrote: Yes it has

...and that sucks! -but then I saw that it was possible, in LM5, to decide if you wanted to use the RS-232 port as eighter RS-232 or rs-485?
I then thought that it maybe also was possible in W4K?
I could'nt find anything about it in the LM5 manual?
Why would there be anything in LM manuals about W4K? Smile
Ctrl+F5
(07.11.2023, 12:48)ClausP Wrote:
(07.11.2023, 12:26)Daniel Wrote: Yes it has

...and that sucks! -but then I saw that it was possible, in LM5, to decide if you wanted to use the RS-232 port as eighter RS-232 or rs-485?
I then thought that it maybe also was possible in W4K?
I could'nt find anything about it in the LM5 manual?

If you want, you can spoof the LM5 firmware to your W4K.
Just take into account that you probably lose warranty and support from SE if you go walk that path..