This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Ip Tunneling - Script
Hi guy, sorry for my english.
network in which it is impossible to communicate in "multicast". My system is composed of one LSS100200 and 118 Ip Router KNX. I would like to use the "Tunneling" mode to connect to the routers. Can I change the router's IP from time to time from a script ?

Thanks and good job
I second this question, I have routers or gateways on severeal locations on different subnets. is there any way to unicast from LM to multiple KNX gateways?
(08.11.2023, 12:36)tomnord Wrote: I second this question, I have routers or gateways on severeal locations on different subnets. is there any way to unicast from LM to multiple KNX gateways?

No, only one can be connected at a time
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(08.11.2023, 12:38)Daniel Wrote:
(08.11.2023, 12:36)tomnord Wrote: I second this question, I have routers or gateways on severeal locations on different subnets. is there any way to unicast from LM to multiple KNX gateways?

No, only one can be connected at a time

Ok @Daniel, but can i change connection from script, without going in Configuration>System>Network>KNX Connection ??
you should try to  add a router on the tp side of the LM, and let Knx do the job. and disable Routing on the LM

so you access bus trhougth LM, send ip router communicate each other
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
My network is the one attached. I have to send normal telegrams, not system ones. Since multicast does not work in my system's network, I have to connect from time to time to an IP router in tunneling with the LM (LSS100200). In fact I can do it by setting the KNX interface of the LM to Tunneling mode, but it can only be done from the settings by restarting the LM from time to time. I would need to write a script that, based on the address, is capable of changing the host of the tunneling setting without going through the settings, dynamically    
(14.11.2023, 06:42)carlo72 Wrote: My network is the one attached. I have to send normal telegrams, not system ones. Since multicast does not work in my system's network, I have to connect from time to time to an IP router in tunneling with the LM (LSS100200). In fact I can do it by setting the KNX interface of the LM to Tunneling mode, but it can only be done from the settings by restarting the LM from time to time. I would need to write a script that, based on the address, is capable of changing the host of the tunneling setting without going through the settings, dynamically

it should be cool to test with one ip interface as coupler for example, and connect LM with TP to it (with a powersupply knx on it).

but hard without knowing the whole Structure...

you should have in this case for example

[Image: Topology-Couplers.png]

https://support.knx.org/hc/fr/articles/1...-coupleurs

and specially page 10
https://www.hqs.sbt.siemens.com/cps_prod..._RS-AC.pdf
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT