This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Back up file format
Hi,

My LMs version is 20211215. In this version back up files are stored with extension : ".tar.gz"

I have installed a new LM where firmware is : 230612.
In this version back up files are stored as : ".zip"

When I tried to import latest back up file from newest version to the oldest, I get error of "invalid back up file".
Is there any way around to import the configuration or do I have to upgrade?

In addition, if I upgrade, will I be able to upload previous configurations saved as ".tar.gz" in the latest firmware?

Finally, is there any documentation (version changelog) available for newer FW? Such a change is crucial and also sending posts is time consuming.

Thanks in advance!
You should be able to import tar.gz backup to latest firmware.  Maybe the file is corrupted or something. If nothing helps send it over and I will check it.
General rule is as fallow. Old backup is always possible to import to new firmware.
Backup from new firmware is not possible to import to old firmware, you must upgrade firmware.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(14.12.2023, 13:58)Daniel Wrote: You should be able to import tar.gz backup to latest firmware.  Maybe the file is corrupted or something. If nothing helps send it over and I will check it.
General rule is as fallow. Old backup is always possible to import to new firmware.
Backup from new firmware is not possible to import to old firmware, you must upgrade firmware.

.zip   Project-LogicMachine-2023.12.14-15.12.zip (Size: 1.33 MB / Downloads: 1)

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I attached the file but I don' t think file it is corrupted. I create two back up files and did a couple of efforts to import it.

As you say the problem is that my firmware is older.

Is there any way to be sure that files from older firmwares will be available in newer firmware after change in extension. If not the all my projects will be lost, so I won't upgrade.

Please inform me if there is any documentation available.

Thanks!
As described above importing backup from new firmware to device with older firmware is not supported, you must upgrade firmware on old device.
You can make backup from old device just in case but once you import this new backup old files will be overridden anyway.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5