This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Customize +/- slider
Hi,
I have a "+/- slider" and I have enable the "show control" option. Can I change the dimension of the slider?
I tryed to use this CSS code, but doesn't work

Code:
.setpointW {
 width: 140px;
 height: 30px
}
Do you mean slider or spinner? Either way both consist of several elements which all must be sized if you want to change both width and height.
Hi,

Look at this forum item, there is a sample made by admin how to tweak your slider.

http://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread...ght=slider

BR,

Erwin
After some test in the HTML Editor of the browser I found that it is a spinner and I found some parameters that I have to change for my purpose!
Thank you Erwin, I saw the thread and I tryed that code but didn't work.

I have 2 question:

1) Is there a way to display always 1 decimal though the decimal is zero? (now: 10  after: 10,0)
2) And is there a way to display the dot instead of comma? (now: 10,5  after: 10.5)

Thank you for your help! Big Grin
PS: I attach my current spinner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since it uses number input, it's purely up to browser how to display the value. Value is always formatted with a fixed number of decimals set in object's visualization parameters. You can try adding this to custom JavaScript, but I'm not sure if it will work:
Code:
$('.spinner-value').attr('type', 'text');
It works really well!! Big Grin  Thank you!
I only have to change the id from .input[type="number"] to .input[type="text"] in my CSS code.
I attach the result.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,
is there any chance to create a slider in a vertical direction?
Vertical slider is already there, you have to select it in visualization parameters.
Hi

I am not so good at CSS.

I want to modify the spinner in kind of the same way as Mirco here. I need some other coulours and such, but I basically want to change the same things. I have inspected the spinner in the browser, and can see lots of parameters there, but I am not sure how to start the CSS code for the changes.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction here?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
Depends on what do you want to change exactly. This example will change spinner button color to orange:
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
  background-color: #f90;
  background-image: none;
}
(23.03.2020, 07:25)admin Wrote: Depends on what do you want to change exactly. This example will change spinner button color to orange:
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
}
Basically, what I need is some pointer so how to set up the different parameters.

If I in addition to having orange button, I want to change the border colour of the value filed, how can I add that? Is there somewhere a tutorial or something explaining how to figure this out? 

I see from the inspection that there are several parameters, and I have tried to enter some of them, but to no effect.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
Border color can be changed like this:
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
  border-color: #f0f;
}

.control-spinner input {
}

The whole visualization is just HTML/CSS/JS. Any tutorial on basic web front-end development can be applied here.
(23.03.2020, 07:39)admin Wrote: Border color can be changed like this:
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
}

.control-spinner input {
}

The whole visualization is just HTML/CSS/JS. Any tutorial on basic web front-end development can be applied here.

I have tried to add some adjustments of corner radius to the code you provided.

.control-spinner .btn {
  border-color: #000;
  border-bottom-right-radius: 0;
  border-top-right-radius: 0;
  border-bottom-left-radius: 0;
  border-top-left-radius: 0;
}

The parameters for the radius is then striked thru in the inspector. Any idea why that is?
This means that there's some other CSS rule with higher priority that over-rides your rule.
You can use !important rule to fix this:
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
  border-radius: 0 !important;
}
(23.03.2020, 08:01)admin Wrote: This means that there's some other CSS rule with higher priority that over-rides your rule.
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
}
OK, great.

Will try that.

(23.03.2020, 08:01)admin Wrote: This means that there's some other CSS rule with higher priority that over-rides your rule.
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
}

OK, seems I am getting the hang of this. Thanks for help!
Code:
.control-spinner .btn {
}
OK, so I have been able to make some modifications to the slider, and it is now looking the way I want it.

But there is a prblem; When I drag the handle from top to bottom, it stops at about 20%. If I then click on the slider below the handle, it moves to that positopn. I am also able to drag the handle to above the slider by a few pixels.

I have tried to play around with the parameters, but I am stuck at the same behavior. Any idea where I have something wrong?
The CSS code I have now is:

Code:
.usermode .slider-alt .slider-v .slider,
.slider-alt .slider-v .slider .progress {
  height: 350px;
  width: 5px;
  padding: 30px;
}

position: static;
  padding: 0;
  color: #f00;
  border-radius:0 !important;
}
.slider-alt .slider-v .slider {
  padding: 0 13px;
}

.slider-alt .slider-v .btn {
  left: 0px;

width: 61px !important;
  background-color: rgb(228, 228, 228) !important;
  height: 22px;

}
.slider-alt .slider-v .slider .slider-handle:before {
  width: 4px;
  top: 27px !important;
  left: 9px;
  height: 300px;
  color: #f00;
}

.slider-alt .slider-max {
Display: none;
}

.slider-alt .slider-min {
Display: none;
}
This should do the trick:
Code:
  padding: 0 30px;
}
It removes empty space from top/bottom where min/max buttons are usually placed. But since you have hidden them this space should be removed.
(23.03.2020, 15:21)admin Wrote: This should do the trick:
Code:
  padding: 0 30px;
}
It removes empty space from top/bottom where min/max buttons are usually placed. But since you have hidden them this space should be removed.
Yep. that did the trick!