This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Store file for the customer
Hello,
I used to have this script:

Code:
$(function() {
  $('.link1').off('vclick').on('vclick', function() {
    window.open('/scada/resources/img/CLIM-N0.jpg');
  });
});

to link a buton to plan... that open in a new window.

The aim is to have the possibility to put all document on the LM. This way the customer has is plan and important information... on it.

However, it would be cool to be able to add file on LM like KNX ETS program, PDF, excel... and be able to upload it with the image/background tab.

Is there a way to change the filter (picture only).
I can upload it by FTP, but lost of our customer don't let port 21 open (office with security and open port is quite hard with them)

So if I want to transfert it remotly, its hard.

Thxs for your time
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
I like this idea, but i'm not sure that images/backround would be the best place..

It would be better to have an option to upload project files and documents to a dedicated location with upload and download options..
You could use LP file for this.
Upload and download example are in the forum.
Or the best option could be to develop an own app for this task.
Best regards

forsterm
True, but wouldn’t it be better to have this functionality (in my opinion wanted by everyone) out of the box instead of having all the integrators adding custom stuff? 

Next to that would a low level functionality be used automatically and finally solve a much seen issue of missing programming files on projects where integrators or installers are disappeared in thin air…

Especially now KNX secure is growing you don’t want to face an installation where the files are missing..

This function could be a simple as importing your .knxproj into the controller and it is saved automatically as original on the FTP and when you create a backup you download it and at the same  time its stored on the FTP, then you always have a copy of the original used .knxproj file, can't imagine it's hard to implement such feature where you just have to click a checkbox during those actions by selecting "store copy locally"...
Project files and backups must be stored in a different location, not on the controller itself. If the SD card becomes corrupted, what then?
Off course you need to back-up the files in your own environment but a copy on the controller would enormously help for all those situations where the original files are missing due to bankruptcy of the integrator or installer that we face way to often.
I'm not sure if everyone needs this function.

You can also add other files to the KNX project in the ETS, but how often is this really done?

When you realise large projects where, for example, several W4K / LM are installed, you need a different type of documentation anyway.

Basically, I also believe that important features should be integrated natively.
But I think an app in the Appstore counts as integrated natively.
All the newer developments are being developed as separate apps (Bacnet Client, KNX Hybrid, HomeKit, etc.) so I can install exactly what I need in the project and don't have a huge firmware.

(21.12.2023, 12:07)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: True, but wouldn’t it be better to have this functionality (in my opinion wanted by everyone) out of the box instead of having all the integrators adding custom stuff? 

Next to that would a low level functionality be used automatically and finally solve a much seen issue of missing programming files on projects where integrators or installers are disappeared in thin air…

Especially now KNX secure is growing you don’t want to face an installation where the files are missing..

This function could be a simple as importing your .knxproj into the controller and it is saved automatically as original on the FTP and when you create a backup you download it and at the same  time its stored on the FTP, then you always have a copy of the original used .knxproj file, can't imagine it's hard to implement such feature where you just have to click a checkbox during those actions by selecting "store copy locally"...
Just automatically placing a copy of latest imported .knxproj and latest generated backup on the FTP is not resulting in a increase of the FW size and just using a few Mb on the SD, I don’t see an issue here and it helps enormously when files are not available..
(21.12.2023, 12:33)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Just automatically placing a copy of latest imported .knxproj and latest generated backup on the FTP is not resulting in a increase of the FW size and just using a few Mb on the SD, I don’t see an issue here and it helps enormously when files are not available..

yes or an app to upload files and show it for the user.
If you have lp example, we can also add script to create the page on existing LM
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT