This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Using variables in visualization
Hi all,
Is there an easy way to use variables in the visualization?
I would like to create a settings page for modifying variables which will be used in scripts but without creating knx-grp.addr. for each setting.
thanks, Bart
Hi,

I think the only easy way to do this with standard visu is by creating objects. 

You could consider to set a json object (stringified) with multiple vars to a 255 byte object with javascript and json.pdecode it on server side. You have to be sure it don't exceed the 255 chars in any case to avoid having a incomplete dataset on the server side.

Another way (that i would use) is to create a html file as explained in the apps document and upload it to the app ftp user folder.

Inside this html file you can use javascript or read/write to storage but also perform direct LUA from the .lp files.

Not the most easy to start with, but when you master that you can build whatever you need.

See: http://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread...t=appstore

BR,

Erwin
Using objects is the easiest way. Just tick "no bus write" so your parameters are not sent to KNX/TP.