This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

bacnet client app
Hello,
we have 18 area with fancoil bacnet IP with 5 points to link to KNX.

Every time we try to map a knx adress to an bacnet point it takes 30sec to 60 sec to link it.
I had this issue in the past too on majority of bacnet ip device.

The bad too is that sometimes it fail:
Device with ID = 4002 or its object with ID = 28_5 doesn't exist 

Then try again one or two times and then it work....

so 15*5points* 2 times * 1 minute = 150 minute only to link

any idea how to make it faster ? link by script (read/write), update app...

regards
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
On SE device you don't have any other option. In LM you can use script so this wouldn't be any problem.
This app was written by SE you should report it to them.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(12.01.2024, 11:50)Daniel Wrote: On SE device you don't have any other option. In LM you can use script so this wouldn't be any problem.
This app was written by SE you should report it to them.

ok thank you.
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
So SCHNEIDER didn't answer on my question on their forum and ticket... sad

This app has also a new problem:
Where are the backup of the bacnet app ?
We have a device that are not anyore present in the network, and we still have a pid process with bacepics 77000 (it s the bacnet id of the device) that is running. Puting old backup don't change anything...

This process still increase the %vsz until the SL crash and reboot....
Only way was to do a script that kill the process

I open ticket, but maybe someone know where are store the link variable, backup... (nothing in db, maybe in redis.rdb but ask for a password, when trying to open it
)
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Are you sure that the device is not present? Scanning the whole device (bacepics) should simply stop after a timeout. The only way it can consume a lot of RAM is when actively scanning a device with thousands of BACnet objects.
In reality the device is still present but used in modbus IP now. Yes it's a CIAT/CARRIER ventilation system with pco web card (both bacnet ip and modbus ip).

You maybe right there is lots of variable in it. When exploring in the bacnet app it s like infinite loop and no object are displayed.

I used to linked some bacnet variable that i delete. But now, I don't have a way to unmap it (impossible to see bacnet object).
So I try to delete, put old backup... without result. Still this process consuming memory and cause reboot every 20 minutes.

1/ Do you know a way to avoid it ?
2/ where are the backup/settings file, can't find it.

My problem is that there is another bacnet device with 80 variable linked. I don't want to loose it because it such a pain to link it (so much delay, and need to push the link butun plenty of time without error message). I want to say that this other device work, and was'nt rebooting the SL. It's only once extended modbus adress was add to the CIAT ventilation unit, that add more variable)
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
You can use Storage viewer app to browse storage where the settings are saved. Look for appsConfusede-bnc. Not sure if one devices can be deleted or only all.
Ctrl+F5
(06.03.2024, 11:23)Daniel Wrote: You can use Storage viewer app to browse storage where the settings are saved. Look for appsConfusede-bnc. Not sure if one devices can be deleted or only all.

in the storage backup.db or current.db, there is no table with settings of this app... I look all table inside
Don't know where they store it.
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
It is not in db, storage is in reddis
Ctrl+F5
When I try to open it, there is prompt to ask password for sql cipher
I try my prject password without result...
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Storage viewer is app on the apps store. Install it and use to browse the storage on live device. You cannot do it in the backup files.
Ctrl+F5
storage viewer not available on SL.
Why can't we edit the redis backup file
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Google a bit about reddis and you will know.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...6#pid25466
Ctrl+F5
thks I had it, it's more about the file in the backup, can we have the password ?
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
It's the password that you specify when creating a backup from the Utilities tab.
(07.03.2024, 15:55)admin Wrote: It's the password that you specify when creating a backup from the Utilities tab.

not for the file redis.rdb where I think the settings of the bacnet app are stored (not sure). This file has different password, it ask for cipher security password with sql lite db browser).
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
Database is not encrypted.
(07.03.2024, 16:15)admin Wrote: Database is not encrypted.

do you think it s store here ?
How can Iprevent the bacnet of this instance Id to reboot the SL ?

when basic editing I have this kind of character with notepad plus:

Œ 3ä6F jæ] 3ä6<bacneâ
ê 3ä6)10á§Acceuilâ ‚ 3ä6( ENABLE_REMOTEà
aä6 ¡“BDDà
^ä6 ^ g†ž'| P' P/s oà
nä6! nrecupG pâÐä6!$lotsâ li/Ëà
Øäíé ,lo/¡airenomv+_à
dä6
TREND_WASHà ^ 4ã=þ)ôsendEMáà
gã6úÁ•1Vb1Æá 4ä7
¢àmà
Õä
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
You can't modify this offline.
Ctrl+F5
I found it:

I can delete it.

however, in this file, there is so much info about old project I did, that should'nt be there like DALI app...

And in bacnet, I I delete the device 77000, it stay in table. So I delete it in the storage app, like you said.

Offline, it s in the redis file. It should be possible to modify it offline. Do you know a way to have the character well printed and not things like this:

Œ 3ä6F jæ] 3ä6<bacneâ
ê 3ä6)10á§Acceuilâ ‚ 3ä6( ENABLE_REMOTEà
aä6 ¡“BDDà
^ä6 ^ g†ž'| P' P/s oà
nä6! nrecupG pâÐä6!$lotsâ li/Ëà
Øäíé ,lo/¡airenomv+_à
dä6
TREND_WASHà ^ 4ã=þ)ôsendEMáà
gã6úÁ•1Vb1Æá 4ä7
¢àmà
Õä

Or is there an storage app to edit the file ?
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT