This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI on LM5
Hello,

I have just migrated whole project from LM4 to LM5, and my DALI feedbacks stopped working.
All the commands go through - all the lamps go on/off and dimms with no problem, but when queryingactual to read the status i get such error messages:

Event for DALI READ ALL (15/7/3) 22.12.2016 15:51:10 * string: rx error

script:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd('internal', 'queryactual', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
if res then
   log(res:byte())
else
   log(err)
end

when querying any other address i get:

Event for DALI READ ALL (15/7/3) 22.12.2016 15:52:44 * string: reply timeout

When querying all the ballast it's the same:

Event for DALI READ ALL (15/7/3) 22.12.2016 15:54:08 * string: reply timeout

script:

require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd('internal', 'queryshortaddr', { addrtype = 'broadcast' })
if res then
   log(res:byte())
else
   log(err)
end

Then i tried scanning through devices and after scan 16 of connected ballasts has disappeared, i cannot detect them again. They were visible before the scan.
Tried rebooting LM, turning off power supply of DALI line.
What else should i try?

Holidays are coming and customer is getting angry. Please help Smile
If You can call me on +370 600 31726
or e-mail directly to l.korsakas@bustoautomatika.lt
Thanks to Edgars, https://dl.openrb.com/lm-16.12-imx6/pkg/...2_imx6.ipk this package solved it.
I'm having the same issue here.. 

I get "tx error" as well as "rx error" alternatively, I have a LM5p DW1 New CPU with the 20180828 version FW. 

The fix file is not available and I presume it wouldn't work either with the version I have. 

Thanks..
This bug should be fixed in this FW but all the packages are here https://dl.openrb.com/lm-18-imx6/pkg/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
The "rx error" appears when I do a "queryactual" to certain groups, in one LM the error shows on the groups 1 and 2, and in the other LM groups 2 and 3 fails.

In each LM I have 7 Dali groups assigned, the rest of the querys work fine.

tried to reinstall the packages but there is no change.. the error continues.
Do you do it to a group or to a individual ballast?
Ctrl+F5
(29.11.2018, 16:05)Daniel. Wrote: Do you do it to a group or to a individual ballast?

To groups, I made a tool to add and delete ballasts to groups, each ballast only has 1 group assigned, and the other groups respond fine to the query, the groups not assigned return a timeout, but I don't care about them..

I use groups because the customer didn't like the effect when sending a command to each ballast at a different time...
I don't think this should work to a group. What value would you receive when lights can have different values in a group?

This works fine

Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd('internal', 'queryactual', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
-- read ok
if res then
 value = res:byte()
end

log(value)
Ctrl+F5
You are right, if the values are different, it should give me an error but if the value is the same shouldn't be a problem, also the devices are the same model..

ignoring the query actual to a group, how could I get the status of a group then? making a query to each ballast and making an average of the ballasts of the group?
(29.11.2018, 16:24)Morpheus09 Wrote: You are right, if the values are different, it should give me an error but if the value is the same shouldn't be a problem, also the devices are the same model..

ignoring the query actual to a group, how could I get the status of a group then? making a query to each ballast and making an average of the ballasts of the group?

In KNX dali gateways they select one light in a group and they just query one ballast.  If you control them all together then this is enough.
Ctrl+F5