This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

HomeKit automation brightness value problem
Hello,

I have a problem, sometimes HomeKit scenes and automations won’t set lights brightness value correctly.
I’m using LM5 Lite and MDT knx system.
The problem is when i set my lights with automation or scene for example 40% brightness and when the automation or scene turns on sometimes the light will go on 100 % but not on the 40% that’s set on automation. Any one know’s how to fix this? And where is the problem? In HomeKit app, knx system or in programmimg?
You can log the objects you are controlling and then you will see what values were sent, if they are correct then problem will be on KNX side. Maybe you need to correct some datatypes on objects from uint to scale
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Which device mode are you using - Light Brightness or Light On/Off Brightness?
(19.03.2024, 10:00)Daniel Wrote: You can log the objects you are controlling and then you will see what values were sent, if they are correct then problem will be on KNX side. Maybe you need to correct some datatypes on objects from uint to scale

Values in LM5 objects paragraph sending correctly, i'll attach photo with two examples, when automation set lights correctly, and when not.

(19.03.2024, 10:03)admin Wrote: Which device mode are you using - Light Brightness or Light On/Off Brightness?

I'm using Light On/Off Brightness

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)