This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNT TPUART and EIB/IP
Hi,

Is it possible to connect LM5 on a KNX Bus with TPuart and in the same time connect the LM5 to a EIB/Ip router?

best regard
If you want to connect via tunnelling, then no, this option is not supported. You can use routing though if your IP interface supports it.
Hi,

Yes this is possible, but you have to disable IP features under the KNX settings otherwise you will have a telegram loop..

But my question is why do you want this setup? I would eliminate the IP router ...

BR,

Erwin
Hi,
We have same situation. One of our project have 10 Logic Machine those are connected to KNX Bus via TP-UART. We have a also a main Logic Machine montiors all the other 10 Logic MAchine and includes main graphics and time schedules of project. This main Logic MAchine is connected to other Logic machines via KNX IP Routing.
We activated KNX IP Feature and TP-UART in the each 10 of Logic MAchine and we activated IP Routing in Main Logic Machine.
But a loop happened. When we turn off the IP Feature then Main Logic Machine cannot comunicate with Other Logic Machines.
You mentioned above , it's possible but how ?
jHi,

When you want KNX IP from main controller to all others controller you automaticly have choicen for a IP backbone topology, this means you can’t also use a TP backbone. Normally you would create 10 seperate lines with in each line a IP coupler (in this case a LM) to a single TP bus (line) with max 255 devices and the IP side is the backbone. Or you disable the KNX IP and create a TP backbone but as a result your main controller can’t talk KNX IP to the others anymore. I would probably never use a TP backbone when i also have a IP that can transport 1000 times faster my data.

So in your case i would eliminate the TP backbone..

BR,

Erwin
You can check who's causing looping with wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/). Make sure that all LMs have different physical addresses. Set wireshark filter to ip.addr==224.0.23.12.

Then, in each message you can see a number of hops. It should be 6 (or maybe 5 for older fws). If it's lower then it means that the message is looping. Source address field will tell you which LM is passing this telegram.