This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Documentation
Information 
Documentation and examples: https://kb.logicmachine.net/
Hi, just a note:

Initially I downloaded the PDF version of the LUA Reference manual. It seems to be out of date, eg. the grp.all() function is not mentioned.

It also mentions a subset api, object.xxx() functions, which seems to be removed in the updated online version of the doc (that API is probably replaced by grp.xxx() functions ?)

- Oyvind
Online HTML reference is the latest one. You should use that.
I've stumbled across the db:getall() and db:update() functions in a few threads here, yet cant find any documentation about them. Are they supported or documented features?
In most cases you should not access the internal database directly. Are you missing some specific functionality?
Here is another nice documentation for different programming languages (localized for different countries): https://learnxinyminutes.com
Could we make a script repository if there isnt one already?
I am new to LM and LUA,
There are many good things to learn from reading this forum. For instance, I learned about the reserved name _SCRIPTNAME to obtain the name of the current running script. In other threads, I learned about event.getvalue() and event.dst to read what triggered the current script.
I would like to learn more: Where do I find more holistic documentation on specifically:
- All reserved (and useful) variables (such as _SCRIPTNAME)
- The full specification for the "event" class (all its methods and variables)
Thx
(15.10.2018, 09:38)mjaanes Wrote: I am new to LM and LUA,
There are many good things to learn from reading this forum. For instance, I learned about the reserved name _SCRIPTNAME to obtain the name of the current running script. In other threads, I learned about event.getvalue() and event.dst to read what triggered the current script.
I would like to learn more: Where do I find more holistic documentation on specifically:
- All reserved (and useful) variables (such as _SCRIPTNAME)
- The full specification for the "event" class (all its methods and variables)
Thx

event is a table
just execute following script

log (event)

and you will see what it consist of
Hi,

In the documentation the description of the object fields is:
 address - object group address
 updatetime - latest update time in UNIX timestamp format. Use os.date() to convert to readable date formats
 name - unique object name
 datatype - object data type
 decoded - set to true when decoded value is available
 value - decoded object value

But in samples I found additional fields like: id, data.
Where I can find the full actual documentation?
Hi,

Make a backup and browse current.db with sqlite browser (:

BR,

Erwin