This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5p-DW1 Dali 2 interface address
Lightbulb 
I have LM5p-DW1 with two DALI ports. What is the DALI 2 interface address?

DALI-1 works fine with 'internal', but what about DALI-2? 

No information about DALI-2 in the manual.
You can use either int2 or internal2
Works great thanks!

In the user manual there is recommendation to use not more than 32 devices per DALI line.

I have project were i have to remove existing DALI server and shifting it to LM5. There are about 100 ballasts in the system and i'm planing to have 50 ballasts per line on LM. As build now the system is split in 4 lines 25 ballasts per line.

Does anyone have experience on having more than 32 device per line?
Or any tips to be aware of?
It depends on line length, topology and required functionality. In some cases with many ballasts together with star topology (worse kind because of reflected signals) you can only control ballasts but not read any data from them.
We use 64 ballasts on each line on other equipment. Works like a charm. On LM we have not tested Smile
(08.02.2017, 09:01)admin Wrote: You can use either int2 or internal2

(08.02.2017, 13:33)PassivPluss Wrote: We use 64 ballasts on each line on other equipment. Works like a charm. On LM we have not tested Smile

It looks like test bench for this one will be onsite.  Big Grin
(08.02.2017, 14:04)automatikas Wrote:
(08.02.2017, 09:01)admin Wrote: You can use either int2 or internal2

(08.02.2017, 13:33)PassivPluss Wrote: We use 64 ballasts on each line on other equipment. Works like a charm. On LM we have not tested Smile

It looks like test bench for this one will be onsite.  Big Grin

How did this go? Have just ordered a LM5p-DW1 and are curious on the results Smile
[quote pid='5380' dateline='1501662761']
Now I am preparing visualisation and scripts, next week I will start testing real system with LM Re:Actor3. Dali lines are connected through RS-485 to DALI interfaces, I have 6 such devices. Internal Dali port on LM I am not using, but I can try to test it and compare results. In my lines maximum ap 50 dali ballasts will be connected. With other DALI gateways no any problems with 64 connected ballasts. Of course it depends from topology. 
[/quote]