This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

recommendations for speeding up touch visu
Hi,
as my project grows the application (especially touch version on mobile phones - here is a significant slow down) launch is getting slower. Do you have such recomendations for speeding up the process?
Actual "booting time" of the webpage when I'm connected to a local LAN is about 15 seconds.
Like:
"Don't use object XXX because there's plenty of javascript which is slow on mobile phones"
or
"Switch some proxy settings to YYY" the application will remain in phone memory longer.
etc.

I measured the launch process by Mozilla "Performance" tool and the most critical part seems to beĀ  javascript codes in a CSS. But maybe I'm completely wrong.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
How many objects in total do you have?
I don't understand what do you mean by objects.
If you mean group addresses then there's actually 5023 objects.
If you mean visualisation object then my gross approximation is about 500 objects in cca 100 windows.

If I limit user's access to only his room by his "user access" settings, will it speed up the process?
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
During first load all objects must be loaded, that's why you are getting a slow-down since you have 5000 objects.
Most of these objects are feedbacks which are just inputs for calculations like "Is there at least one light switched on in the room?". These feedbacks will never be a part of visualisation.
Can I tell LM "This object is not for visulaisation so please don't load it" somehow? By some special tag or filters settings?

Thank you
Not possible right now but I'll look into adding this feature.
(22.02.2017, 13:18)admin Wrote: During first load all objects must be loaded, that's why you are getting a slow-down since you have 5000 objects.

I have similar situation, but if you said about objects(I have >3000), Mosaic is loaded much faster. Doesn't Mosaic load not all objects? What is the difference?
It does not load all the extra stuff like visualization parameters, custom text values, custom icons etc.
(23.02.2017, 08:52)admin Wrote: It does not load all the extra stuff like visualization parameters, custom text values, custom icons etc.

So probably loading objects is not a source of this problem. For me source of the problem is in new visualisation engine from Sping 2016. Maybe I am wrong, but from this update empty plan was loaded not so fast as before(immediately).
No, it was like this all the time. The downside of only getting objects that are used in the visualization is that functions like grp.listen won't be able to work with any other objects.
I see it as a cardinal security issue if a page can download not only objects allowed for the user in visu "User settings" but all objects. I think the best solution would be to filter objects per user. Like TP/TCP filters do.
I can imagine plenty of situation starting at jokes like "Our boss is sitting at the bathroom for more than 10 minutes" fun webpage exposed on a corporate sharepoint server to a serious criminal act based on script which is checking when a lock stay unlocked mistakenly.